photoetch glue

i am building the Benjamin latham from ms and also an oil tanker from Revel.on the tanker model i trimmed all hands rails and ordered some photo etch hand rail from tom model work scale 1/350 .my question is : i heard white glue is better for this work than cyano.what do you think ? thank you for your answers.

Tasmanian, white glue will give you more working time with the PE. Even the thickest cyano will invariably set up before you get the PE in position.

Use a micro-brush to carefully apply some white glue where you intend to apply the PE part, let the glue thicken/set up and then attach the PE part. Put the micro-brush in water when you aren't using it to apply glue.

After you have attached your PE parts, go back and put a dot of cyano at the attachment point with a pin or unraveled paperclip. Better control of the glue.

Kind of a belt and suspenders approach, but it works well. :)

Another glue you might look for is called Canopy glue. The RC airplane crowd use it to glue canopies on :o . It looks to me like a thickened white glue.

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

• 6 months later...

Probably also abit belated and slightly offtopic, but I have found that when attaching PE wall panels it helps to roughen up the surface. For this sandpaper will suffice, however I personally sandblast the piece.

Regarding glue I've found that security cable glue works excellent.