No decorative detail, alas, although her original bust head was saved and placed on the new ship in 1829. Headrails in 2. only. The closest ship to her in Chapelle is the Boston.
The John Adams was cut down in 1808 to a flush-decked corvette carrying 22 42-pounder carronades and two long twelves . She was very successful. In 1811, however, Captain William Bainbridge ordered her to be repaired with an armed quarterdeck once again, but not with a raised forecastle, and she thus became the infamous "jack-*** frigate". She was so unsuccessful that she sat most of the War-of-1812 out in New York. The quarterdeck was removed by 1814, and she sailed on one diplomatic mission to Europe.
The 12-pounder Adams was cut in half circa 1809, lengthened 15 feet, and put back into service as an 18-pounder frigate. In this configuration, she was crank and unstable. All of her spar deck carronades were landed, and her upper bulwark lightened, but she never lost her upper deck. She was a spar decked corvette, similar to the Jamestown of 1844, but with one brass pivot on her forecastle. She was never cut down. Her 18-pounders were mostly only short versions called "columbiads". She was fast and beautiful, but the lengthening process moved her maximum breadth too far aft. This caused "chattering" of the water eddies at her rudder, which made her hard to steer and repeatedly wore out her pintles and gudgeons. Had she not been destroyed in 1814, she would not have been rebuilt.