Armed Virginia Sloop Patrick Henry by DocBlake - FINISHED - Lauck Street Shipyard - Scale = 1/32 - POF Admiralty Style

Dave this is absolutely an excellent build-log and the finished model is fantastic!! I really admire what you have accomplished...so much so that  I visited the

Lauck Street Shipyard site and found that Bob's kits are priced @ $600.00!!!  Whoa...way to much for this retiree.

I parted with my Lauck 'Kingfisher' retirement kit to a fellow site member a while back, but remember that Bob's kit included a fantastic set of plans that a scratch builder could duplicate every piece of the kit with. Does the 'Patrick Henry' kit also include a good set of plans similar to Bob's 'Kingfisher'?

If it does...I would be very interested in buying the plan set you are done with. I have the tools,wood,skill and tons of time to do a scratch build if I can

manage to get a good plan set.

I will enjoy watching your Fair American build as it progresses.

Dave

Hi, Dave!

Thanks for your kind comments out my AVS. Very much appreciated.

The answer to your question is yes, the plans for the Patrick Henry can be used for a scratchbuild. If you check my log you'll see that I rebuilt many parts for technical reasons as well as personal preference using the plans. Everything is pretty well designed and turned out well. Realize, however, that not including any of the strip wood used for planking, etc. that there are over 700 parts to the kit!. Not easy, but doable. Bob Hunt is a bit of a fanatic (rightly so) regarding copyright issues, so I wouldn't sell you my copy of the plans. I am sure Bob will provide them to you, and probably at nominal cost. You'll likely have to enlarge them to full size at FedEx or some such. The cost would be around $40. Hope this helps!

Edited by DocBlake

• 2 months later...

Very nice craftsmanship Dave and I like your plinth.  Well done.

Derek

If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the men to gather wood, divide the work and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea  

Antoine de Saint Exupery

Current Builds

Bluenose - Model Shipways - 1:64 Scale

Fair American - Model Shipways - 1:48 Scale

HMS Winchelsea 1764 - Group Build

On Deck

Guns of History Naval Smoothbore Deck Gun - 1:24 Scale

Finished Builds

Mare Nostrum - Artesania Latina - 1:35 Scale

Guns of History Carronade - Model Shipways - 1:24 Scale

Member of the Nautical Research Guild