Welcome to Model Ship World
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Brig USS Enterprise 1799 info gathering

Enterprise

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

CharlieZardoz

CharlieZardoz
  • Members
  • 792 posts
  • LocationQueens New York

So good news is that I have finally pinpointed the USS Viper model via an internet image search engine. It was a model done by the fiddlers green site and waiting on info if he can give me more images etc about the ship. :)

http://fiddlersgreenmodelships.com/

• mtaylor and Canute like this

allanyed

allanyed

Special Contributor

• SPECIAL CONTRIBUTOR
  • 1,130 posts
  • LocationAve Maria, Florida

Charlie

Fiddler's Green is a broker, and a very good one IMHO, but be aware that the owner does not have the models in his place thus cannot take  more pictures if he does not already have them on hand. He may be able  to put you in touch with the model builder though and then the model builder hopefully can help you out.  

Good luck

Allan

• mtaylor, Canute and CharlieZardoz like this

Current Builds Litchfield (50) 1730, Effie M. Morrissey  

I can explain it to you but I can't comprehend it for you - Ed Koch, former NYC mayor

CharlieZardoz

CharlieZardoz
  • Members
  • 792 posts
And that's just fine. I wasn't sure though if it was a one person operation or not since I see a builder on there by the name of Stan Sinowitz and the Viper is featured on the cover of the page so I am going to make an assumption that he built the model himself. If not Im happy to be pointed in the right direction. There is no surviving plans of Viper to my knowledge so I am curious what sources were used in creating a model version.

Edited by CharlieZardoz, 25 September 2016 - 10:02 PM.

• mtaylor and Canute like this

CharlieZardoz

CharlieZardoz
  • Members
  • 792 posts

Quick update on this post I came to realize that the 1797 unidentified schooner in Chapelle's book has actually been likened to be the Dilligence II class revenue cutter with Eagle a member and most likely was a plan for the class. Also a nice looking reconstruction of Eagle exists. While this doesn't help much with the mystery that is Enterprize, it does help me with the mystery of what ship that draught represents as well as gives a nice image of what a similar and slightly smaller contemporary to Enterprize might have looked like. :)

Attached Thumbnails

• USRCEagle (2).jpg
  • enterprise chappelle 001a.jpg

Edited by CharlieZardoz, 29 December 2016 - 06:09 AM.

• mtaylor, CaptArmstrong and Canute like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome GUEST to the Model Ship World Community.
Please LOGIN or REGISTER to use all of our feautures.