Welcome to Model Ship World
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

HMS Pandora 1779 in 3D

Pandora 3D CAD frigate

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

US-SteamNavy

US-SteamNavy
  • Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationRocklin, CA

I am new to the forum and went through this whole posting at once. I am amazed!  I am hoping to learn to do similar 3D modeling using SolidWorks but my ships would be 1860s steamers.  Yours is a really astounding effort!

• mtaylor, Don9of11 and PeteB like this

US-SteamNavy

US-SteamNavy
  • Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationRocklin, CA

Wow!

JosephHuntley

JosephHuntley
  • Members
  • 97 posts
  • LocationMoline, Illinois USA

excellent work I been using solidworks for years for aircraft you have inspired me to try and do a nice sailing ship once i can find some decent plans and how they were actually constructed in order to do it like originals

• mtaylor and aviaamator like this

Experiment

Experiment
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Hi, PPDRY

I've sent you a PM.

I've recently been working on my own CAD HMS Pandora. I have some difficulty with modelling the inner surface of the hull.

It would be awesome if you could explain a bit what your method was in arriving at both the inner surface of the frames and the hull.

Still blown away by your work

Uncle Si

Uncle Si
  • Members
  • 142 posts
  • LocationCentral Florida

Great piece of work........

Jim

• mtaylor likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome GUEST to the Model Ship World Community.
Please LOGIN or REGISTER to use all of our feautures.