Newbe building the Triton

What type of wood do most builders use? Wherecan I purchase most of the sizes that I will need?

Current build Mare Nostrum

W. Churchill

Starting Projects Triton full build and creating a build log.

Triton sectional build with build log.

Future builds Cutty Sark, Sea Witch, Virginia pilot boat 1805, Sultana Colonial Schooner 1767.

I do have the keel plan downloaded and printed.

W. Churchill

Future builds Cutty Sark, Sea Witch, Virginia pilot boat 1805, Sultana Colonial Schooner 1767.

Mike,

Wood choices are yours totally.   Some use boxwood, cherry, ebony, holly, oak, basswood.  Just whatever they feel comfortable it and is affordable.

As for where....  Crown Timbers, The Lumberyard, for starters.  You'll have to specify what sizes and quantities as I don't think they have a  "timbering set" as such for the Triton.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Thank you for the help. Also where is a good place to get the pulley's dead eye and all the other stuff. I like to deal with someone who has used one of the vendors. 

W. Churchill

Mike,

There's plenty of places.. go back to here: http://modelshipworld.com/ and scroll down.   On the right is a list of sponsors.   One place may not have what you need or want but between them.. I think you can find just about anything.   These sponsors have all been used by members. 

Disclaimer:  I haven't used all of them.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)