Welcome to Model Ship World
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

CA glue and application

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Julie Mo

Julie Mo
  • Members
  • 420 posts
  • LocationCharlotte County Florida

Whip_Tips.jpg

These do a pretty good job dispensing small amounts of CA.  I bought mine at Stew Mac.

• cristikc and Canute like this

Endeavour - 1934 American's Cup, UK Challenger, J-Class - Amati 1:35

Landlocked123

Landlocked123
  • Members
  • 371 posts
  • LocationThe Nutmeg State
Hi All,

I've had good success with a trick I read about on MSW some time back. One takes a needle, inserts it into the end of a dowel as a handle, then using wire cutters clip off the end off the needle creating two prongs. I made three with different sized needles, Like others I run them through a cigarette lighter to clean when they get guncked up.

Best,
John
  • wefalck, mtaylor, Canute and 1 other like this
Member:
Connecticut Marine Model Society
Nautical Research Guild

Ulises Victoria

Ulises Victoria
  • Members
  • 1,685 posts
  • LocationMonterrey, Mexico

Whip_Tips.jpg

These do a pretty good job dispensing small amounts of CA.  I bought mine at Stew Mac.

And when these clog, just leave them in a closed jar with acetone overnight and they will come out like new. Experiment to see that the acetone doesn't attack the tip itself.

• mtaylor and Canute like this

Ulises

If you want something you've never had, 

you have to do something you've never done.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Project Build Log: French Vessel Royal Louis 1780. 1/90 Scale by Mamoli. 120 Cannons

Last finished projectRoyal Ship Vasa 1628 

Future projects already in my stash:  Panart: San Felipe 1/75  (most likely my next project);

Artesanía Latina: HMS Surprise 1/48;

OcCre: Santísima Trinidad 1/90.

My Wish List: Soleil Royale. Sovereign of the Seas. Amati 1/64 Victory (if it ever comes out :) )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome GUEST to the Model Ship World Community.
Please LOGIN or REGISTER to use all of our feautures.