Cap Arcona article on Fox News

ccoyle

Read the article here, if you wish.

I'm only sharing this because it is a shining example of extremely poor journalism. Contrary to the assertion that the story of the Cap Arcona's demise in 1945 has lain secret for 70 years, the story has long been known to those of us with an interest in the history of that period. HMV have offered a very nice model of the ship for at least a decade.

Sigh ... another news 'story' that's really no story at all.

Chris Coyle
Greer, South Carolina

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
- Tuco

Current builds: Brigantine Phoenix, Hawker Hurricane

That one's popped recently for some reason.. again.  I suspect the writer came across the book and had one of those "I never heard of this before so it mush have been a secret" moments.  :D  :D

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)