Welcome to Model Ship World
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

A word about your ever growing signatures.....please read

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Chuck

Chuck

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 7,316 posts
  • LocationRutherford Nj

Just an FYI.......it would  help if folks didnt have such huge signatures.  The text size on many is like 18pt and the pictures are huge.  I have started editing members with offensively large and long signatures.  It just takes up too much space and makes reading a log more difficult too.  And I dont really have the time to contact them via private email to tell them.   So please be warned.

I just edited the signature of one member that was 26 lines long.   Crazy.   You shouldnt be so needy for clicks that you have to a link to every topic, build log and gallery entry you ever made.   The signature is just too distracting and by nature should be only a few lines long.   Maybe it includes your current build logs.   But please give us a break.

This member I am referencing posts a lot of "good job" and "attaboy" posts on other build logs but then his signature is 25 times as large as the post content itself.  Its ridiculous.    :angry:  

Remember...its a signature....not a biography.

If you are listing the names of your builds......dont write out the name on one line and post the link under it.

Instead make the line with the name an active link to save space.

like this

see this post for directions.

Not like this

see this post for directions

http://modelshipworl...your-signature/

Hope that makes sense!!!!!

This is the actual rule for signatures.

-   Limit your signature to four or five lines of text or links.   No links to commercial sites with an exception for site sponsors.  Limit of one image no larger than 40 x 40 pixels.   Keep your signature clean and non religious or political.  No text larger than 12 pt.

• Rustyj, mtaylor, ccoyle and 12 others like this

Chuck Passaro - MSW Admin 

Current build - HMS Winchelsea - POB scratch build

HM Cutter Cheerful - POB scratch build

Royal Barge - POF scratch

www.syrenshipmodelcompany.com

ccoyle

ccoyle

• Moderators
  • 1,222 posts
  • LocationGreenville, South Carolina

I'm giving this topic a bump because I'm seeing members who still haven't acted on this request.

• mtaylor likes this

Chris Coyle
Greenville, South Carolina

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
- Tuco

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome GUEST to the Model Ship World Community.
Please LOGIN or REGISTER to use all of our feautures.