IJN Yamato by RGL - FINISHED - Tamiya - 1/350 - PLASTIC

You can't keep off the charts entirely, but you can try at least. I don't do it for work, but I hate the loss of privacy, especially without my conscent. I won't tell mate ;)

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

Do you need us to not mention your name in text also?

cheers

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

Nice collection of guns there Greg; they look great.  I know you will be sorry to see the end of doing these huh? ;):)

cheers

pat

Now you know what you've started at, although, you are nearly finished, those guns form the bulk of the work to my impression. A lot of the same, on the other hand you can swap with other builders nearby ;) Nice colourful collection, Greg.

Carl

Beautiful job your doing. I bet you were releaved to get thoses guns out of the way.

I do like the detailing on the funnel and the Antenna. Great job.

Regards, Scott

Current build: 1:75 Friesland, Mamoli

Completed builds:

1:64 Rattlesnake, Mamoli  -  1:64 HMS Bounty, Mamoli  -  1:54 Adventure, Amati  -  1:80 King of the Mississippi, AL

1:64 Blue Shadow, Mamoli  -  1:64 Leida Dutch pleasure boat, Corel  -  1:60 HMS President Mantra, Sergal

Awaiting construction:

1:89 Hermione La Fayette AL  -  1:48 Perserverance, Modelers shipyard

I see they've improved on a lot of mounting points on  the model itself too. Again very shady grey Greg. you've got it primed ... paint and weathering ... must be difficult on the superstructure. Really looking forward how you will tackle that

Carl

Are you adding all the bigeye binoculars etc for the look outs also? You've added some great detail for this scale but I a sure you still have some surprises for us ;).

cheers

Pat

Time to take a deep breath and have an adult beverage, Greg.  The guns look good... and numerous.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

hmmm, lots and lots of detail still to add, Greg. I see you have to add that platform at the fore foot of the funnel too. Not yet sprayed or ... awaiting your attention

Couldn't do a lot last week ... a back injury, and a software release coming up. The former really is a pain, the latter just annoying ;) 

Carl

Cog, nothing worse than a back injury, they keep coming back to visit you. I thought you'd been quiet. 

I have done the platform up behind the main tower up tower up some time ago when I did the sponsons, I'm trying to get my order of construction in my head right. All the references say there was a practice loader on it which I am yet to find in aftermarket. 

Looking forward to seeing you back in the saddle.

greg

Greg

Now, all the fire control turrets are added and I have done a wash to bring out the details, as well as adding the radar. I am yet to weather it. 

All that is left is the search lights. I will not add the guns until I have done up the plethora of ammo boxes. I cannot even join the towers or tower until I screw the base of the tower to the deck, which I can't do until the deck arrives. 

Imagine my surprise when I discovered this afternoon that Tamiya has decided to use a dual combination of 1941/45 and leave6 search lights not 4!!!

Anyway, the last photo shows how it will look with the sponsons attached. I'm happy with the results to date.

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

Greg

Nice details Greg; looking really good.  

cheers

Pat

that's quite a bit of progress!    the armament looks great,  as well as the super structure ;)     really nice job with the paint work...........awesome job! :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Thanks for the comments folks. I have now added the 150cm spotlights and the gantry which runs in front of the funnel. I have also commenced on the rigging whist I still have access to the funnel without the fore and aft towers. I've done as much weathering as I can for the moment. 

IMG_3957.JPG

IMG_3958.JPG

Greg

That looks great Greg, she sure has some great detail for this scale.  Your paint scheme is also adding a 'sinister' look making her look all the more the massive battleship she was.

cheers

Pat

can't get over your style of paint........I could never weather that good ;)    I do it.........look at it the next day....and then fix it,  because I didn't like it.  I'm hopeless with it.   so much jumping out at you with the P.E.   really nice work :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch