Help to identify vasa kit

Frankberge

Hi! I came over this old kit on an online marketplace. It is being sold for 60 dollars.

Have anyone seen this kit before? Who is the manufacturer?

And would it be worth 60 dollars?

It does not look like the vasa i have seen and seems to be allot of plastic parts and stickers. But im thinking for that price it could be fun anyway. Anyone who have some thougts or knowledge of this kit?

post-25727-0-51390900-1475649187_thumb.png

post-25727-0-06341300-1475649243_thumb.png

post-25727-0-66209500-1475649304_thumb.png

post-25727-0-15262300-1475649340_thumb.png

post-25727-0-00543800-1475649426_thumb.png

At first, ithought it was the old billings (dating back to the late sixties/early seveties. The kits was designed before or during thesalvation of the wreck, almost completely missing the true design of vasa.

Some googling around, i found out that it is a kit for chzeckoslovakia, also dating from that periode.

I would say thta it is perhaps fun to see whether ornot a ship van be constructed from thiese parts, but it has nothing to dowith wasa whatsoever.

(And i very much doubt whether the decals and the plastic parts can stillbe used after 50-odd years in a dusty attic.)

Jan

My opinion

A kit. so old.

• The decals will probably fall apart if you put them in water.
  • The plastic looks ok. But if it is from a "short run" manufacturing. then The quality will be very low.
  • You will want, or need to replace many parts (Extra cost).

And

You will, after much work, end up with a model which costs almost as much as a new model kit.

But with less work.

I would not do it

Groetjes

Greetings

Patrick

Regards, Patrick

Finished :  Soleil Royal Heller 1/100   Wasa Billing Boats   Bounty Revell 1/110 plastic (semi scratch)   Pelican / Golden Hind  1/45 scratch

Current build :  Mary Rose 1/50 scratch

Gallery Revell Bounty  Pelican/Golden hind 1/45 scratch

To do Prins Willem Corel, Le Tonnant Corel, Yacht d'Oro Corel, Thermopylae Sergal 

Shore leave,  non ship models build logs :  

ADGZ M35 funkwagen 1/72    Einhets Pkw. Kfz.2 and 4 1/72   Autoblinda AB40 1/72   122mm A-19 & 152mm ML-20 & 12.8cm Pak.44 {K8 1/2} 1/72   10.5cm Howitzer 16 on Mark. VI(e)  Centurion Mk.1 conversion   M29 Weasel 1/72     SAM6 1/72    T26 Finland  T26 TN 1/72  Autoprotetto S37 1/72     Opel Blitz buses 1/72  Boxer and MAN trucks 1/72   Hetzer38(t) Starr 1/72    

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Remembering from waaaaaay back in my plastic modeling days, I recall that East Bloc model kits (if it dates back that far) were not thought very highly of for either fit or detail. The kit may have more value for a collector than for an actual builder.

Chris Coyle
Greer, South Carolina

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
- Tuco

Current builds: Brigantine Phoenix, Hawker Hurricane

Hello

I have this kit (not built it). Bought it as a kid on the Swedish post order company "Hobbex". They sold a "Sir Francis Drake Revenge" also. When I bought it it looked so different compare to the airfix plastic models I built then. But when I look at the kit today it is very clear that it is bad quality. The Revenge looked good but the Vasa kit is not even close to the original. I should say no to use 60 dollar on it but that is my opinion.

Jörgen

Current:  Sherbourne - Caldercraft 1/64

Vasa - DeAgostini 1/65
Finished: Endeavour - Americas Cup J class 1934 - Amati 1/80

Other:    Airplanes and Tanks

Thanks for all the input. I will probably not buy this kit as I have already been on a rampage buying ships lately. And that, without the dragon in the house knowing about it. I dont know how i can smuggle one more ship into my storage without her noticing it. Nevertheless it was interesting to get to know more about this kit! Thanks again