General Triton question: carling & ledge dimensions

Just a quickie: am I right in assuming that the height of the carlings is about half the height of the beams, and that the height of the ledges is about half that of the carlings? (I'm working on the lower deck, but assume the dimensions would be the same for the gun deck).

It's just that I can't see any heights referred to in the plans, and I thought I'd better make sure!

If you want to give me the dimensions in full scale inches, that's ok as well!

Thanks in advance for any input.

Tony

I think you're right on the dimension.  As I recall, most of us just matched the drawings for dimensions.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Thanks, Mark. I also use the drawings direct from the pdfs when cutting, but I just can't see where on the drawings the carlings and ledges are shown in cross-section, i.e. height or depth. I can see length and breadth, but not height. So I assumed half the beam height for carlings (about 2mm) and half the carling height for ledges (about 1mm).

I can't see that it matters, but thought I'd ask just in case there is a 'correct' answer.

Tony

Look at the other build logs then would be my advise.   I hope you can get an answer.  You might also ask this in the Building, Framing area.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Thanks again, Mark. I think I'll just go with the half and half idea. I have a feeling I'm being far too obsessional!

Tony