Welcome to Model Ship World
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dust bags

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

achuck49

achuck49
  • Members
  • 95 posts
  • LocationStow, Ohio

good Saturday morning,

I recently purchased a combined 2" belt sander / circular sander combination.  There are no dust bags included.  Is there something around the home that would do the trick???  Cotton socks are too porous, I ripped up some old tee shirts and while they were better than nothing, they did not seem as efficient as the commercially made dust bags.

Any suggestions???

Chuck Aldrich (feeling great on this fine Saturday morning)

• mtaylor likes this

jud

jud
  • Members
  • 1,093 posts
  • LocationLexington, Oregon

Most power tools with any dust handling provisions were designed to be used in combination with a shop vacuum cleaner. I do have a canvas bag on my spark plug cleaner but that bag also holds the blasting grit  without exhausting it out of the cleaner, kind of a closed loop system. Might take another look at the instructions for the dust handling feature.

jud

• mtaylor and Canute like this

achuck49

achuck49
  • Members
  • 95 posts
  • LocationStow, Ohio
No instructions, purchased from a friend.

Jaager

Jaager
  • Members
  • 492 posts
  • LocationNorfolk VA

Does the tool have a fan that exhausts air from the port?

The manufacturer may have a site and post an IPL for the tool.

You could try to find a disposable bag for a vac cleaner that is small enough and 

has a opening close to the port in size and use a pipe clamp or a cable tie to hold it on.

Crowe

Crowe
  • Members
  • 28 posts

try a shop vac if you have one. You can blue tape it to the outlet tube.

• Canute likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome GUEST to the Model Ship World Community.
Please LOGIN or REGISTER to use all of our feautures.