Welcome to Model Ship World
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Seeking US Source For Mamoli & Mantua Plans

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Professor

Professor
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Specifically, I'm seeking the plan sheets and accompanying instruction manuals for the Mamoli and Mantua large-scale USS Constitution kits. I've tried a 'net search for a source located in the USA but without results. If anyone can can provide a reliable American-based source for the Connie plan/manual sets from those makers, it would be greatly appreciated.

Warmest Wishes to all for a merry Christmas or joyous Hanukkah and a healthy, happy New Year.

amateur

amateur
  • Members
  • 1,899 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Hmm....Mamoli might be a problem: they went out of business couple of years ago.

You might try Daniel Dusek: he has connections with the former owners of Mamoli.

Jan

Edited by amateur, 08 December 2016 - 12:45 PM.

• mtaylor likes this

Professor

Professor
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Thanks muchly for the lead. I just sent him an IM.

I was gladened to hear that Daniel is reviving a great name in the model ship industry. Let's all wish him well and maybe make room on our stash shelves for a new Mamoli kit.

Edited by Professor, 08 December 2016 - 04:25 PM.

• mtaylor likes this

Professor

Professor
  • Members
  • 21 posts

No joy, alas, in my search for an American source for the desired data. Looks like I'm going to have to do a "hands acros the sea" move and order both from Cornwall Model Boats Ltd in Olde England. :pirate41:

Edited by Professor, 20 December 2016 - 05:10 PM.

• mtaylor likes this

Professor

Professor
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Well, it appears from what I learned after Daniel was so kind as to respond quickly to my PM that it will be a while before the resurrected Mamoli can offer plans as a separate item. In the mean time, I wish Daniel well with his enterprise.

I wound up ordering Mantua's and Mamoli's respective Constitution plans from Conwall Model Boats, Ltd across The Pond in the UK. They are marvelous folks, especially Miss Sarah in sales, and I envy my Brit counterparts for having this splendid model shipwright's outfit on their doorstep, so to speak. Now just waiting for the mail to ease its way back and forth across the Atlantic. :dancetl6:

Edited by Professor, 20 December 2016 - 05:11 PM.

• mtaylor, vossiewulf, Canute and 1 other like this

vossiewulf

vossiewulf
  • Members
  • 94 posts

Well, it appears from what I learned after Daniel was so kind as to respond quickly to my PM that it will be a while before the resurrected Mamoli can offer plans as a separate item. In the mean time, I wish Daniel well with his enterprise.

I wound up ordering Mantua's and Mamoli's respective Constitution plans from Conwall Model Boats, Ltd across The Pond in the UK. They are marvelous folks, especially Miss Sarah in sales, and I envy my Brit counterparts for having this splendid model shipwright's outfit on their doorstep, so to speak. Now just waiting for the mail to ease its way back and forth across the Atlantic. :dancetl6:

I just recently bought both plans and kits from them and I agree to those points but you're forgetting about the prices - best price I saw in the US for a Caldercraft Victory (a very big acorn I buried this Christmas) was > $1100. I bought it from Cornwall for $750 + ~ $50 shipping and it arrived in less than week. For the total order I saved easily $600 over any US supplier. They get my business until further notice.

• mtaylor, Professor and Canute like this

Professor

Professor
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Right you are! BTW, they will be closed from 23 December of this year through 3 January of 2017, for the holidays.

And there's my segue to wish my fellow shipmodellers and their families a merry Christmas or joyous Chanukah and a happy, healthy, and productive New Year. Warmest Wishes to all, mates.

Edited by Professor, 21 December 2016 - 01:42 PM.

• mtaylor and Canute like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome GUEST to the Model Ship World Community.
Please LOGIN or REGISTER to use all of our feautures.