Welcome to Model Ship World
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Artesania Latina Bluenose II instruction leaflet

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Shamrock

Shamrock
  • Members
  • 36 posts
  • LocationSwedish west coast

Ohoy sisters and brethren!

Just found an unopened kit on ebay.  Arrived today and everything is aOKay, but...... the instruction leaflet is in French.

Even though I have read French in school 45 years ago - I would prefer to have it in English.

Does anyone have it, and the possibility to scan and mail it to me?

Best regards Shamrock

• mtaylor likes this

Heronguy

Heronguy
  • Members
  • 107 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Hi Shamrock.  I'm in the same situation.  My kit is #20500.  I've written to A L to see if they can help - just yesterday no reply yet - and posted on this forum

Artesania Latina Bluenose II Kit 20500 - English instructions 

no responses yet.

I noticed a a regional classified ad site someone was sell the same kit and their photos showed an English language instruction booklet. Maybe I'll ask them to scan the booklet even though I won't be buying their kit.

In the meantime Google Translate got me through one section of the French booklet.

I'll follow this thread to see if you have any luck as I'd really like to get the instructions as well!

Doug

• mtaylor likes this

Doug

Current Build        Bluenose II - Billing Boats Nr 600 Scale 1:100

Next Build             Bluenose II - Artesania Latina 20500 Scale 1:75

And then               Krabbenkutter CUX 87 - Billing Boats Nr 457 Scale 1:30

Shamrock

Shamrock
  • Members
  • 36 posts

I found a link to   www.modelboatyard.com/Bluenose2_Articles where there is information about the build of the kit. Have not gone through it, but it might be sufficient, but still - I would like to have all possible information (BTW - you being from Canada, shouldn't you be fluent in French :)?)

BR Shamrock

• mtaylor and donrobinson like this

Heronguy

Heronguy
  • Members
  • 107 posts

You'll find the modelboatyard articles occasionally point you back to the A L instructions.  I was expecting to use the articles but also wanted to see what the original instruction suggested.  

As to my (rusty) high school French it turns out that French teachers in the middle of the continent (Manitoba) didn't use much nautical vocabulary - a deficiency I had not expect to ever regret!

Doug

Shamrock

Shamrock
  • Members
  • 36 posts

:) If I stumble over the leaflet outside of this site I will post info here.

Greg the peg leg sailor

Greg the peg leg sailor
  • Members
  • 1,011 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia
G'day Shamrock
I don't have any plans that you are after, but I had an AL kit of the Endeavour. It was written in English, but very poorly. I just stopped reading them and used my nouse and judgment to guide me through. The pictorial instructions was a great help to me.
Maybe your school's French might get you through.
Good luck and havagooday
Greg
  • mtaylor likes this

"Nothing is impossible, it's only what limitations that you put on yourself make it seems impossible! "

Current log : The Royal Yacht Royal Caroline 1749 1:32 by Greg Ashwood:...

jhearl

jhearl
  • Members
  • 140 posts
  • LocationMilford, Virginia

I have the instructions in English for the older kit (all in black and white). Those are the ones I based my practicum on (on my modelboatyard site). If you send me a PM, or email me directly (email link on my site) I can scan them and create a PDF that I'll be happy to send.

Cheers -

John

• mtaylor, piter56, IgorSky and 2 others like this

piter56

piter56
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationUkraina, Dubno
Good day!
I will also Bluenose II AL 20500. Stayed rigging. There are instructions on the new version of Bluenose II (PDF).
P1200964_800.jpgi.gif

• mtaylor and IgorSky like this

piter56

piter56
  • Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationUkraina, Dubno

Hi Shamrock.  I'm in the same situation.  My kit is #20500.  I've written to A L to see if they can help - just yesterday no reply yet - and posted on this forum

Artesania Latina Bluenose II Kit 20500 - English instructions 

no responses yet.

I noticed a a regional classified ad site someone was sell the same kit and their photos showed an English language instruction booklet. Maybe I'll ask them to scan the booklet even though I won't be buying their kit.

In the meantime Google Translate got me through one section of the French booklet.

I'll follow this thread to see if you have any luck as I'd really like to get the instructions as well!

Doug

I came the answer  :D

"the instructions send by e-mail in a pdf cost 18 € or if you have the purchase ticket please send me attached

---
Gracias por confiar en Artesanía Latina

Un saludo / Best regards /Salutations

Departamento de atención al cliente"

• mtaylor likes this

Heronguy

Heronguy
  • Members
  • 107 posts

I came the answer  :D

"the instructions send by e-mail in a pdf cost 18 € or if you have the purchase ticket please send me attached

---
Gracias por confiar en Artesanía Latina

Un saludo / Best regards /Salutations

Departamento de atención al cliente"

Thanks piter56.

My problem was solved.  Thanks for responding though!

Doug

• mtaylor likes this

Doug

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome GUEST to the Model Ship World Community.
Please LOGIN or REGISTER to use all of our feautures.