Welcome to Model Ship World
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Searching for figurehead and figurine carving patterns

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

BlockPlane

BlockPlane
  • Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationVermont, USA
Can anyone recommend a site where I can obtain carving patterns for figureheads and figurines? Not looking for anything in particular. Just looking for some patterns to practice one.

Chris

allanyed

allanyed

Special Contributor

• SPECIAL CONTRIBUTOR
  • 1,130 posts
  • LocationAve Maria, Florida

Chris

Never heard of a site with free patterns on figure heads but pages 243- 254 Volume II of David Antscherl's The Fully Framed Model is an excellent tutorial on drawing your own.  You can find dozens of photos of figure heads on line, then use those as a sample from which  to prepare your drawings.  Once you finish your drawing you can make a clay sample before carving the wooden one.  The clay is easy to work, fix, and do what is needed to make it right.  This then gives you a three dimensional model from which to work

Allan

Edited by allanyed, 17 December 2016 - 11:01 AM.

• druxey, albert and BlockPlane like this

Current Builds Litchfield (50) 1730, Effie M. Morrissey  

I can explain it to you but I can't comprehend it for you - Ed Koch, former NYC mayor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome GUEST to the Model Ship World Community.
Please LOGIN or REGISTER to use all of our feautures.