Welcome to Model Ship World
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Staggered wales

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Kurt J

Kurt J
  • Members
  • 174 posts
What is the purpose of the staggered wale in Amati's Revenge? Doesn't it lose it's main purpose of strengthening the hull when its interuped in this way? I can't find any other examples like this. Chris Watton puts a lot of thought and reasearch in his models so there must be a good reason it's there. I am going to build this kit but I not sure about this feature. I'll probably lose the stern gallery also, although it does look cool with one.

Kurt

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0794.JPG

• mtaylor, WackoWolf, CaptainSteve and 1 other like this

druxey

druxey
  • Members
  • 4,772 posts
  • LocationNiagara on the Lake, Ontario, Canada

I seem to recall a contemporary drawing or print of such an arrangement, but can't recall where I saw it. Presumably the logic is that the foremost port and hawsehole don't cut through this wale. And, as you say, Mr. Watton does his homework.

• mtaylor and CaptainSteve like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome GUEST to the Model Ship World Community.
Please LOGIN or REGISTER to use all of our feautures.