Welcome to Model Ship World
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

File of Victory photos

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

portchieboy

portchieboy
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Really, for the Moderator?

I have a file of 282 photos of Victory, taken in 2009 when she was still complete.I am more than happy to share them,but am not tecchie enough to know the best way? They are currently in a Picasa folder.

If you would like to point me in a direction, and tell me where on the site to put them, happy to help.

Mike (Portchieboy)

• mtaylor, jud, Canute and 1 other like this

jud

jud
  • Members
  • 1,093 posts
  • LocationLexington, Oregon

Sounds like a treasure trove for today and tomorrow, needs preserving and kept available to the public. Thank you for wanting to do this.

jud

• mtaylor and Canute like this

Ensign

Ensign
  • Members
  • 123 posts

That is brilliant Mike, those of us building Victory would be ecstatic to have access to those photos. I have a number of photos which I refer to every time I work on the ship but there is much more that my pictures don't show and whilst reference books are invaluable, the old adage is so true "A picture tells a thousand words"

I look forward to seeing them online.

Thank you in advance

Gary

Anja

Anja

Anja

• SPECIAL CONTRIBUTOR
  • 3,398 posts
  • LocationBleiswijk, the Netherlands
Hello Mike,

You can share the link to your Picasa folder and post the photos in the 'NAUTICAL RESEARCH GUILD NEWS, Model Ship Clubs and Exhibitions and Events, Museums and Museum Ships'.
http://modelshipworl...d-museum-ships/

Thanks and regards,
Anja
  • mtaylor, John Allen and Canute like this
Those we loved but lost are no longer where they were, but are always where we are.

In the shipyard: Schooner Hannah - POF Hahn style - First scratchbuild

Completed : Albatros 1840 by Constructo

portchieboy

portchieboy
  • Members
  • 11 posts

OK, can anyone help please? I have the folder in Picasa, and frankly, do not understand 'Google +'. Can I have a step by stepplease!

Thanks

• Canute likes this

Blue Ensign

Blue Ensign
  • Members
  • 2,052 posts
  • LocationThe Green Shires of England

Me too, Google have archived all my many Picasa albums and although I can see them there seems no way to upload any of the pics to forums etc;

thanks Google (not)

B.E.

• Canute likes this

Anja

Anja

Anja

• SPECIAL CONTRIBUTOR
  • 3,398 posts
Hello Mike,

Sorry, didn't know that Picasaweb is retired. Just found that out by clicking on my photolink to Picasa.
I can still see my photos.

Next I clicked on the web address and pasted it here. https://get.google.c...=COu0yYqz-oCOPg

That should work, give it a try.

Regards,
Anja
  • Canute likes this
Those we loved but lost are no longer where they were, but are always where we are.

portchieboy

portchieboy
  • Members
  • 11 posts

So sorry,really do not understand! You say to 'click on the photolink'.....not sure what or where.

• Canute likes this

Anja

Anja

Anja

• SPECIAL CONTRIBUTOR
  • 3,398 posts
Hello Mike,

In 2014 we posted a link to photos in Picasaweb in another subforum.
This link still works, only now it directs to Google album archive instead of Picasa.

The photos also have a web address in the address section. I copied the web address and pasted it in my earlier post.

I hope that works for you too.

Or don't you have access to your photos anymore?

Regards,
Anja

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome GUEST to the Model Ship World Community.
Please LOGIN or REGISTER to use all of our feautures.