Welcome to Model Ship World
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Planking Constitution

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Barbara

Barbara
  • Members
  • 12 posts
On my previous post about planking the upper gun ports, the ship is MS Kit What is the thickness and width of planks around the gun ports
  • Canute likes this

allanyed

allanyed

Special Contributor

• SPECIAL CONTRIBUTOR
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAve Maria, Florida

Barbara

Hopefully the following will help.  I inserted the drawing I found on the net into Turbo Cad and scaled as close as I can then came up with the dimensions I show.  The drawing was too small to be able to see the dimensions they already show for some of the planking, but the numbers I show should be very close.  Not knowing the scale you are building to I put real world dimensions but you can easily figure out what they are in your scale and see if the kit supplied properly thicknessed planking material.  

Allan

Attached Thumbnails

• Constitution Cross section.jpg

• mtaylor, cristikc and druxey like this

Current Builds Litchfield (50) 1730, Effie M. Morrissey  

I can explain it to you but I can't comprehend it for you - Ed Koch, former NYC mayor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome GUEST to the Model Ship World Community.
Please LOGIN or REGISTER to use all of our feautures.