HMS Triton (1/64) by Aldo - POB

Hi Christian,

Thank you for the kind words as well as the advise on using cloud as backup as well as taking out the external drive of the computer, I'll ask the computer shop to try out that option:)

Edited by rdsaplala

Best regards,

Aldo

Currently Building:
HMS Pegasus (Victory Models)-Mothballed to give priority to Triton

HMS Triton (first attempt at scratchbuilding)

Past build:
HM Brig Badger (Caldercraft), HM Brig Cruizer, HM Schooner Ballahoo

Hey Aldo! So pleased to see you back my friend - its been way too long!

As for your plans quandary, have you tried a print shop that deals with architects plans and large blueprints? They might have the capacity to scan your NMM plans to file for you.

Looking forward to seeing the resumption of your build. My own modelling is “on hold” at the moment while I attend to some 1:1 scale stuff - building a bunch of cabinets and storage solutions for the garage workshop.

Hi Grant,

Thanks for dropping by as well as the good words and advice, so far I have yet to see a print shop here with a big enough scanner for a large NMM plan, but I'll keep looking:) I see that you're also busy with other projects like me, don't leave the shipyard too long, my friend;)

Best regards,

Aldo

Currently Building:

Past build:

Hi Aldo, great to see you again my friend.   Computer crashes don't help do they?   What the others have said as far as solving the computer problem might work.

I'm not sure why you'd want to plank over what's there. I think I read that right?  Looks pretty good from here.

If you don't have access to the plans here at MSW, ping an admin.  I'll be glad to vouch for you. ;)

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Hi Mark,

Thanks for advice regarding the plans, I can still access the MSW plans, I'll print them out and check if my modified hull still matches their measurements:)

Thanks for the good word on the planking my friend, I used only scrap planks here so I will cover it up, I plan to use better wood for the second layer;)

Best regards,

Aldo

Currently Building:

Past build:

I'm glad you have access.  I can see doing a double plank...  no hard fast rules around here.

I trust you're not near the volcano nor had the heavy flooding that was going on.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Yup, I'll be using some thinner planks to avoid making her look fat:D

We're quite lucky to be far from the disaster area, thanks for the concern my friend.

Best regards,

Aldo

Currently Building:

Past build:

Aldo!!!  I'm so happy to see you back here my friend.  It's been quite some time, and I was wondering how you were doing.  

You've made some really nice progress on your Triton build - it's coming along fantastic!  It's really cool to watch you move from kits to scratch building, in particular, your work with the plans and CAD.  The CAD stuff is a brave new world for me, so I'm taking notes while watching you.

Stay good my fellow Badger Brother.  Glad to see you are back :cheers:

Mike

Current Wooden builds:  Amati/Victory Pegasus  MS Charles W. Morgan  Euromodel La Renommèe  

Plastic builds:    SB2U-1 Vindicator 1/48  Five Star Yaeyama 1/700  Pit Road Asashio and Akashi 1/700 diorama  Walrus 1/48 and Albatross 1/700  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/32  Eduard Sikorsky JRS-1 1/72  IJN Notoro 1/700  Akitsu Maru 1/700

Completed builds :  Caldercraft Brig Badger   Amati Hannah - Ship in Bottle  Pit Road Hatsuzakura 1/700   Hasegawa Shimakaze 1:350

F4B-4 and P-6E 1/72  Accurate Miniatures F3F-1/F3F-2 1/48  Tamiya F4F-4 Wildcat built as FM-1 1/48  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/48

Citroen 2CV 1/24 - Airfix and Tamiya  Entex Morgan 3-wheeler 1/16

Terminated build:  HMS Lyme (based on Corel Unicorn)  

On the shelf:  Euromodel Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde; Caldercraft Victory; too many plastic ship, plane and car kits

Future potential scratch builds:  HMS Lyme (from NMM plans); Le Gros Ventre (from Ancre monographs), Dutch ship from Ab Hoving book, HMS Sussex from McCardle book, Philadelphia gunboat (Smithsonian plans)

Hi Aldo

It's good to have you back with us

Regarding the planking : as far as I'm concerned no lashes only congrats and a double portion of rhum

For a first scratch building project : what a wonderful looking hull !

Kind regards

Christian

"The original always beats the copy"

(supportive statement)

On 2/5/2018 at 12:19 AM, Landlubber Mike said:

Aldo!!!  I'm so happy to see you back here my friend.  It's been quite some time, and I was wondering how you were doing.  

You've made some really nice progress on your Triton build - it's coming along fantastic!  It's really cool to watch you move from kits to scratch building, in particular, your work with the plans and CAD.  The CAD stuff is a brave new world for me, so I'm taking notes while watching you.

Stay good my fellow Badger Brother.  Glad to see you are back :cheers:

Thanks Mike,

You won't regret trying out CAD, you can produce more precise drawings from it plus you can draw fine details and have them laser cut thereby making your work easier:)

On 2/5/2018 at 12:57 AM, Barbossa said:

Hi Aldo

It's good to have you back with us

Regarding the planking : as far as I'm concerned no lashes only congrats and a double portion of rhum

For a first scratch building project : what a wonderful looking hull !

Thanks Christian,

If I could get my Triton to look half as beautiful as your Diana, I would be a very happy man:)

Best regards,

Aldo

Currently Building:

Past build: