Muggle's H.M.S Triton-Scale 1: 48

Hello, I am going to start my Triton made!

First,I have downloaded the "TritonKeelPlan@48-1" and find a printshop to printed with "actual size"

post-2926-0-56132800-1364885187_thumb.jpg

and this is the detail of the drawing

post-2926-0-45133900-1364885277_thumb.jpg

post-2926-0-54305200-1364885286_thumb.jpg

print another drawing and cut down some piece carefully

post-2926-0-10389600-1364885471_thumb.jpg

this is all I have done, my confusion is the keel wood's choice "Beech" or "Pear wood"

Beech is bright and easy to cut

post-2926-0-67770200-1364885821_thumb.jpg

Pear wood is hard and tough but more dark and red

post-2926-0-25171300-1364885853.jpg

If decided which wood is more beautiful. I will cut some piece to start the making. What‘s your suggestion? :)

sorry about my English.... :huh: ,can you read it?

You can always use both, Beech for the plankin and Pear for the frames. It looks like you have a lots of it. You will need it.

I´m using Cherry so far for the frames and keel.

Good, good luck!

Daniel.

I would go with the pear wood. I personally don't like the darker points in beech

Regards Christian

Current build: HM Cutter Alert, 1777; HM Sloop Fly, 1776 - 1/36

On the drawing board: English Ship Sloops Fly, 1776, Comet, 1783 and Aetna, 1776; Naval Cutter Alert, 1777

Paused: HMS Triton, 1771 - 1/48

"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." Salvador Dali

First of all good luck on your build. You can use whatever you want after all you are the captain of this build. I like the pear better, and as Daniel and Pete said you can use the pear for the keel and stem and the beech for planking I think is the best choice. The beech is not that bad because the look of  it is like "small" scale oak (the wood used on a real ships).

Greetings, Sinan :pirate41:

Build log:TRITON POB 1:72

logo_phpBB.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like you're off to a great start. We can read your English just fine. :)

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Muggle,What is the name I should call you? Are you in China?

My name is Larry And I started this build a short while ago.The thickness of the Bobstay and the Eaking is 8 mm.They will be tapered later.

Your picture of the chocks shows only 3 and there should be 4.The timber you chose is nice

Best of luck Larry

With Age Comes Wisdom,I'm Still Waiting!

Current Builds:Syren.Triton Cross section.

Completed Builds: Virginia by AL

King of the Mississippi by AL

Constellation by AL

Hello Muggle,What is the name I should call you? Are you in China?

My name is Larry And I started this build a short while ago.The thickness of the Bobstay and the Eaking is 8 mm.They will be tapered later.

Your picture of the chocks shows only 3 and there should be 4.The timber you chose is nice

Best of luck Larry

Thank you !~Yes, I am in China.and you can call me "zhongYang". Thank you very much for your information,I will use the sandpaper to make it at 8mm and tapered as the drawing. :P

There have to be some drawings with every piece for the Knee of the Head, Deadwood and so on in the collection of the MSW drawings.

Regards Christian

Current build: HM Cutter Alert, 1777; HM Sloop Fly, 1776 - 1/36

On the drawing board: English Ship Sloops Fly, 1776, Comet, 1783 and Aetna, 1776; Naval Cutter Alert, 1777

Paused: HMS Triton, 1771 - 1/48

"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." Salvador Dali

Yes there are drawings for Fore Deadwood, Fore Pieces - side view,and  Keelson pieces - side view. all the rest will have to be taken from the keel plan. I am glad tosee so much interest on this subject from China and the world for that matter

Cheers, Guy
The Learner
Current Member NRG,SMA

Current Build: HMS Triton 1:48 on line