Half Moon by popeye the sailor - Billing Boats - 1:40 scale kit

I'll post them today.........thanks for reminding me :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

hello Julian,  I left the pictures full size.  if you need anything further,  let me know.

100_9363.thumb.JPG.7d4c7d2569c212fc873cdfd34a90d0f4.JPG100_9364.thumb.JPG.4bc5a6907dde93bfc638c097ab70bff6.JPG

100_9365.thumb.JPG.ed8ff08311d1d428750c8506a6581197.JPG

100_9366.thumb.JPG.5c5dbea9a36e9ead1307fdebf0a265ce.JPG

100_9367.thumb.JPG.e6ea6c04a8c4ff5eb478b7a8dac96d4f.JPG

100_9368.thumb.JPG.c146ea4d1b61ea561194d1a8e4e8c05e.JPG

100_9369.thumb.JPG.012ba9903c618db45e1d7cd7cc97e8c2.JPG

100_9370.thumb.JPG.ea4611a672c57a7e247f75a27518cf70.JPG

100_9371.thumb.JPG.b3c672702dd25929d308713bc82b4940.JPG

hope this helps :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

This is a real coincidence!  I just came into the very old Bluejacket solid hull kit of the Half Moon in 1/8" scale.  My cursory review of  the parts shows that there are some missing, but Bluejacket does have replacements.  I will watch the rest of your build with great interest!

Bill

hello Bill......every kit manufacturer is different.   I was building this model along side another building the Corel kit.  one difference between our kits,  was that Billings doesn't supply the decorations for the tack line sheaves.

Corel sent them to me for free :)    I'm sure Bluejacket will help you......haven't heard a discouraging word about them  ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

oh god Pat........I was shocked to find that I last worked on this ship in 2015! :o  it's been up above my main table all this time.   naturally,  it's still on my to do list,  as they all are......currently,  I've been lurking 'round the miscellaneous models forum,  and the slave ship Clotilda.  don't put your seat away though.......usually when my cage gets shaken,  the model sometimes resumes.

appreciate ya look'in in  :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

3 hours ago, popeye the sailor said:

hello Bill......every kit manufacturer is different.   I was building this model along side another building the Corel kit.  one difference between our kits,  was that Billings doesn't supply the decorations for the tack line sheaves.

Corel sent them to me for free :)    I'm sure Bluejacket will help you......haven't heard a discouraging word about them  ;) 

I appreciate the response!  Bluejacket has already been a great help, although this kit is long out of production. They replaced the fittings, which were missing from  the box.  I love their kits as well.  Their service is tops!

Bill

have you started a log for her?

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

I'll keep my eyes open....I want a front row seat :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock: