HMS Warspite rigging

gdollow

Hi

I will be starting the Acadamy 1/350 Warspite soon and I cannot find any rigging plans for this ship.  Does any one who has built this model know where I can get information on the rigging.  Also what is the best material to use for the rigging and what thickness of material do I need?

Thanks

Graham

Edited by gdollow

Previous: HM Bomb Vessel Granado,  USS Missouri 1/450

Current: HMS Warspite 1/350

• 2 months later...

Hi Graham,

talking to the media for adding rigging, personally I don't like copper wire since it elongates in case of accidental contact with a finger.

And there is no mean to schrink it.

Taking into account the scale, I do suggest nylon fishing line (the thinniest).

Remeber, it must be applied "wet", otherwise it will loosen afterwards due to the humidity of the air.

Al

Al

Thanks for the link, it's an impressive diorama.  I've ordered the profile morskie book and plans for the Warspite.  I might be a bit sad, but I like looking at ship plans

Graham

• 3 weeks later...

Graham,

Please consider opening a build log.  It'll be the fastest way to get help when you need it and we get to look over your shoulder and watch a model being built that's not been seen here before.  :)

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• 3 weeks later...

Graham...

Local sporting goods shop....FLY-TYING thread!   All colors (grey is NICE) and finer than even 2 lb. nylon fishing leader.

Thanks

I will see what my local fishing tackle shop has

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Graham.

I ordered some UNI Caenis thread from Amazon.  It is the finest I have ever seen, and works very well for modern ship rigging.  Warspite is sitting on my shelf... just need to wrap up a couple of wooden models on my desk first.

Current builds: Santa Maria (multi-kit bash), Constellation (AL)

Past builds: Beagle, Thermopylae (restoration), Blue Shadow, Wappen von Hamburg, Half Moon, America, Golden Hind

Ships in bottles (some): Marco Polo, viking ship, Prince