USRC Harriet Lane by SkerryAmp - Model Shipways - 1:128

what.......crap!   I thought you fell asleep sanding............ ^_^      life does have it's way of robbing leisure time......there's either a lot of it,  or none at all.  the only thing I can suggest,  is when you see it.........GO FOR IT!!!  ;)

I'll have to check out your Santa Maria for any new updates.   hope you had a great Holiday.. :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Hi Adam,

Glad you're back at the table, I'll be following your log with interest as I'm working on the HL as well, nice work so far

J

It's great to see you back, Adam.  As for your seat at the table.. it's been waiting for you.

Thank you much!  Amazing how much I have missed this stuff... whew!

Welcome back Adam. Great to see you found your way home.

Thanks!  Great to be back in the mix!

Indeed, welcome back. Hopefully we kept things tidy enough while you were out (Mark brought his shop vac in to clean just last year...).

Looks great Tripp - although there is a lot of pop corn and band aids all over - not sure if I should be ascared or now =)

what.......crap!   I thought you fell asleep sanding............ ^_^      life does have it's way of robbing leisure time......there's either a lot of it,  or none at all.  the only thing I can suggest,  is when you see it.........GO FOR IT!!!   ;)

I'll have to check out your Santa Maria for any new updates.   hope you had a great Holiday.. :)

LOL - thank goodness I didn't fall asleep sanding - that would be some mega repairs indeed!!    Had a fantastic holiday and hoping to fend off the leisure time thieves a little better this year.

Hi Adam,

Glad you're back at the table, I'll be following your log with interest as I'm working on the HL as well, nice work so far

J

Thank you very much! Look forward to getting back to it.  Will be circling around to it soon !

-Adam

Current Builds

Santa Maria - Artesania Latina (1:65) POB

MayFlower - Model Shipways (5/32"=1') POB
Blue Shadow - Mamoli Revolutionary War Brigantine. (Fict) (1:64) POB (Recommissioned as the Kara June)

On The Shelf Waiting so Patiently

USRC Ranger - Corel (1:50) POB

18th Century Longboat - Model Shipways (1:4) POF

La Nina - Artesania Latina (1:65) POB

U.S Brig Syren - Model Shipways (1:64) POB

Completed Builds

Phantom NY Pilot Boat - Model Shipways (1:96) Solid Hull

Decommissioned Builds
(Time and conditions were not good to these. They have been cancelled =( )

Willie L Bennett - Model Shipways (1:32) POF
USRC Harriet Lane - Model Shipways (1:128) Solid Hull

oh dear.........nothing here either.   not a speck of sawdust to be had  :(    still busy my friend?

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

oh dear.........nothing here either.   not a speck of sawdust to be had   :(    still busy my friend?

Yep, cranking on the Santa Maria for a bit - got a full head of steam going on that one!

But, keep looking at the others - keeping tabs on where they are at  and what my next steps may be =)

-Adam

Current Builds

Santa Maria - Artesania Latina (1:65) POB

MayFlower - Model Shipways (5/32"=1') POB
Blue Shadow - Mamoli Revolutionary War Brigantine. (Fict) (1:64) POB (Recommissioned as the Kara June)

On The Shelf Waiting so Patiently

USRC Ranger - Corel (1:50) POB

18th Century Longboat - Model Shipways (1:4) POF

La Nina - Artesania Latina (1:65) POB

U.S Brig Syren - Model Shipways (1:64) POB

Completed Builds

Phantom NY Pilot Boat - Model Shipways (1:96) Solid Hull

Decommissioned Builds
(Time and conditions were not good to these. They have been cancelled =( )

Willie L Bennett - Model Shipways (1:32) POF
USRC Harriet Lane - Model Shipways (1:128) Solid Hull

I be look'in............jes' sniff'in that sawdust!  ;)   good ta hear yer mak'in time  :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

• 4 years later...

I am currently building this exact model (my 1st attempt at a model, save for a childhood failure with the Revel Constitution).  You have done a wonderful job! I decided, after adding my standing rigging to the foremast, that the supplied thread is to thick for the model scale. I have since moved to much thinner thread.

• The title was changed to USRC Harriet Lane by SkerryAmp - Model Shipways - 1:128