HMS VICTORY by Kevin - FINISHED - Caldercraft - 1/72

1st time i have seen the boats since last July when they went into storage, good to see them again, 

i don't see the point of restarting the build log of the Amerigo Vespucci, as at present - i am unable to find the time to proceed with her

post-846-0-53032200-1361733352.jpg

post-846-0-18633000-1361733356.jpg

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Hi Kevin,

I see that I'm not the only one with a twin build  :D

And then working on your house and working by an boss.

Busy man you are…..

Sjors

Very nice Kevin, one day I hope to tackle her as well.  Will be following closely!

Cheers,

Jason

"Which it will be ready when it is ready!"

In the shipyard:

HMS Jason (c.1794: Artois Class 38 gun frigate)

Queen Anne Royal Barge (c.1700)

Finished:

HMS Snake (c.1797: Cruizer Class, ship rigged sloop)

my garage conversion continues, raised floor ceiling and walls are finished, the barrier between me and the wabbits is 90% done, at present i am working out work top area and storage, still on track for a Easter restart.

i fully appreciate this is a hobby site for boats and not loft/ garage conversions, if anyone is concerned with this, please tell me and i will stop posting non Victory related stuff

post-846-0-93850800-1362426948_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-43411800-1362426952_thumb.jpg

post-846-0-75109000-1362426955.jpg

post-846-0-66047800-1362426959.jpg

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

I went the same thing you are in the middle of. Now I have a great room to build my ships. It was worth the wait in spite of the withdrawls I experianced.

Mort

Current Build - Caldercraft Victory

Completed - Artesiana Latina Swift, Harvey, MGS Prince de Neufchatel, Imai USS Susquehanna, Mamoli Constitution, Rattlesnake per Hunt Practium, Caldercraft Snake, Diana, Kammerlander Duke William 

Waiting to be Launched -  Bluejacket Constitution

Proud member of The New Jersey Ship Model Society

Kevin,

I don't know about others, but I think the creation of your workshop is every bit as relevant as details of the build itself.  Please keep posting updates and photos.

Kevin: On one site some time ago (Might even have been MSW 1) I saw a thread about members workshops.

Why don't you start one here, I'm sure you'll get a good response?

There is one:  http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/67-so-where-do-you-do-yours-then-ship-building-that-is/

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• 2 weeks later...

hello everyone, 

yet again my weekend has come to an end, yeah ok it is the middle of the afternoon, but have things to do, and i have avoided all the news all day to watch the Australian F1 race this evening, i would watch it live but the weather affected the qualifications so messed my routine up

anyway, i have totally rewired my garage, and put in place a full ring main, new lighting sockets, aerial  points, just tidying it all up now, had to clean the mess up to take the photos

i will be building a table next, to free stand in the middle of the room so that i can work on the build from any side, i hope to complete that by this time next week.

all the best

post-846-0-41357000-1363543802.jpg

post-846-0-61961100-1363543805.jpg

post-846-0-56650400-1363543808.jpg

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Kevin,

Your workshop is coming along just great.  I'm jealous, especially with the flat screen TV in there too!  Mind you, I can't multi-task, so watching TV and buliding Victory at the same time is probably beyond me!  I just listen to music instead.  Nothing wrong at all with showing all the workshop rennovation pics.  As we all watch each others builds it's great to have some context and to know where they're all beeing built.  Funny thing is, all these great workshops and Gil goes and builds his masterpiece on a table in his den!!

Cheers,

Patrick

post-76-0-23123800-1363561545.gif  Now that is going to be one heckuva workshop...  wow!

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Kevin i expect to see a 4 star AA rating on you garage ,do they still do those i wonder .Derek

Lol - i dread coming home - in case i find it full of squatters

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

Nice workplace. or should I better say: Nice shipyard.

Regards Christian

Current build: HM Cutter Alert, 1777; HM Sloop Fly, 1776 - 1/36

On the drawing board: English Ship Sloops Fly, 1776, Comet, 1783 and Aetna, 1776; Naval Cutter Alert, 1777

Paused: HMS Triton, 1771 - 1/48

"Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it." Salvador Dali

Hi Kevin,

I like your build :)

I like your workshop :)

I like your taste in sports too :D

Great pics, thanks for posting.

Neale

Dah Dah  ( sang as a fanfare)

The big day came and went, all the crowds, the skimpy dressed cheerleaders, a top billing of big musicians - all to celebrate- the long awaited event

Although that is not strictly true, infarct there was only me and the wife who opened the door for me - like royalty ( still not quite true)  in fact she opened it just to be able to shut as i passed through to stop the cold wind entering the house -  oh i did have the ipod playing some trance music in the background, with the bass provided by the 5 wabbits - all stomping as i had disturbed there evening kip

Celebrate what i hear you all say

the build has re-started

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

In new home

post-846-0-19508600-1364023460.jpg

post-846-0-39851800-1364023466.jpg

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

In new home

Hi, Kevin, In the new house the model looks very harmoniously!

Best regards,

Garward

Is under construction Montanes

Ready models Golden Star Corsair San Francisco II

Bronze 24-pdr canone Le Fleuron

Bronze 24-pdr canone Le Fleuron (second version)

Congrats Kevin - and a week ahead of schedule too! Looking forward to more progress now!

It looks so clean... uncluttered and organized..... almost sterile.. like a hospital or something....

How can you hope to work like that? :P

Looking forward to progress

Andy

lol - you should see it now

thanks everyone for yr comments, i still  have a lot of clutter to move around - as we get to the final out buildings, but i did get an hour on the build this afternoon 

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

It looks really nice. Can I come over and play?

Mort

PS

Best of luck and enjoy your new home.

Completed - Artesiana Latina Swift, Harvey, MGS Prince de Neufchatel, Imai USS Susquehanna, Mamoli Constitution, Rattlesnake per Hunt Practium, Caldercraft Snake, Diana, Kammerlander Duke William 

Mort

PS

Mort

PS

Mort

PS