Not glued up yet. Minimal sanding still needs to be done but won't do that till it's glued and pinned.
Cherry will be my primary wood for the framing. I can mill my own wood so my options for contrasting wood are open. All joints were cut with a chisel. At first I attempted using templates glued to the wood but I just ended up with hogged keel. So I cut my keel straight and cut the scarfs as close to the plans as I could. I must have messed up at least 6 keel pieces before I got my first somewhat acceptable scarf joint. I have also been messing with numerous other pieces of the keel but won't know if they will work.
I bought a copy of TFFM off amazon for $28 and that has helped a ton with this build so far. I'm assembling the build board and hope to study the rest of the plans once they become available.
I have a few other builds going so when I feel like making saw dust I will turn to the Triton.
I'm really excited to be building this ship and hope to learn a ton from you guys !
image.jpg 255.55KB 2 downloads image.jpg 275.41KB 0 downloads
Edited by sport29652, 13 January 2014 - 01:49 AM.