Cutty Sark by coffeebeans - Artesania Latina - scale 1:84

I have a question regarding planking and using the nails. From my point of view the nails (being useful while the process of planking) spoil the final result. I haven't started planking yet, so my question is to those who finished the process: would you use nails if you would have to repeat the assembly one more time? Are there any problems with that (like sanding the body of the ship with nails in it)?

12 hours ago, dkuzminov said:

I have a question regarding planking and using the nails. From my point of view the nails (being useful while the process of planking) spoil the final result. I haven't started planking yet, so my question is to those who finished the process: would you use nails if you would have to repeat the assembly one more time? Are there any problems with that (like sanding the body of the ship with nails in it)?

No, I wouldnt. Depends of scale. In my case, scale is  1:100, all planks are almost in scale, and nails on that scale will be unvisible, and if you made nails to be visible (two of them on every plank edge, and on other places) all look and feel of deck, and final colour of deck will be different and quite messy 

In progress:

CUTTY SARK - Tehnodidakta => scratch => Campbell plans

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-1#entry64653

Content of log :

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-62#entry217381

Past build:

Stella, Heller kit, plastic, Santa Maria, Tehnodidakta kit, wood, Jolly Roger Heller kit, plastic

• The title was changed to Cutty Sark by coffeebeans - Artesania Latina - scale 1:84