Red Dragon by Vivian Galad - Artesania Latina - 1:60 - modified

Congratulations, and best wishes for you both 😆

Your build is looking awesome and I'm looking forward to watching your progress. I've been eyeing up this kit myself and looking at your work is great encouragement, ( Just continuing to postpone my Bounty build till I get my skill level up. 😊 )

30 minutes ago, johnothanswift said:

Congratulations, and best wishes for you both 😆

Your build is looking awesome and I'm looking forward to watching your progress. I've been eyeing up this kit myself and looking at your work is great encouragement, ( Just continuing to postpone my Bounty build till I get my skill level up. 😊 )

Have to say it's a great kit. Even though I won't use some fittings and all, still gave me much fun. It's a great kit to bash, too, as the junks have so many variants in build and shape through time. And thanks! 😊

Wonderful wedding pictures and thank you for posting them.  Here's to much happiness for both of you.  cheers-2286.gif.0e2b9c9f01b1608ba4a06465af036a9b.gif

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Great to see the wedding photos Vivian. Thanks for sharing with your MSW family. 😊

...oh, and your ship build is looking great too!

On 4/9/2019 at 1:55 AM, mtaylor said:

Wonderful wedding pictures and thank you for posting them.  Here's to much happiness for both of you.  cheers-2286.gif.0e2b9c9f01b1608ba4a06465af036a9b.gif

Thank you, Mark, from both of us! 

On 4/9/2019 at 2:38 AM, cog said:

A long and happy life ... I hope you can share your model passion with your partner

Ty very much! She has already helped with some sewing, 😀. Can't say If she'll bem as passionate as me but, who knows?

On 4/9/2019 at 6:48 AM, gjdale said:

Great to see the wedding photos Vivian. Thanks for sharing with your MSW family. 😊

...oh, and your ship build is looking great too!

My many thanks! That's How I feel everytime I come back - in family. 

On 4/9/2019 at 10:16 AM, src said:

A beautiful couple, much happiness to you both. Will you wife be joining us in a build?

Sam

Thanks, Sam. Bring me a smile thinking my wife building at my side. For the time being, she's very careful with them. 

Thank you for all the likes, ppl! I'll be posting an update this weekend! 

Vivian!

Congratulations to you and your lovely bride on your wedding!   May your journey in life together be blessed every day!

Your sails are looking fabulous.  Looking forward to seeing them added to your Red Dragon.

Dee Dee

Current Build

- Glad Tidings -MS  

Completed Builds

- Dragon - Corel - One design International Class Yacht

- Sloup Coquillier / Shell Fish Sloop - Corel - Based on 'Bergere de Domremy / Shepherdess from Domremy

- Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack - Scratch build based on drawings from Chapelle's book "American Small Sailing Craft" 

On the Shelf

- Gretel-Mamoli     - Emma C. Berry-MS    - Chesapeake Bay Pilot Boat, Semi-scratch 

Find yourself hoping you never reach your destination

thanks for the wedding pixs.......you kids enjoy yourselves!  your still youngsters  ;)   ....not say'in I'm old.......let's just say I'm older  :D  :D  the sails look great........can't wait to see them rigged on the ship  :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2019 at 10:50 PM, Dee_Dee said:

Vivian!

Congratulations to you and your lovely bride on your wedding!   May your journey in life together be blessed every day!

Your sails are looking fabulous.  Looking forward to seeing them added to your Red Dragon.

Dee Dee

My many thanks, Dee Dee! You helped me a lot and I will always be thankful for your gift. I've already rigged the main mast's sail. 😄

On 4/10/2019 at 11:40 PM, SHIPSCAT said:

Hello Vivian

Can I add my congratulations also :champagne:.

Jo.

For sure! Thank you very much!

On 4/11/2019 at 1:29 PM, popeye the sailor said:

thanks for the wedding pixs.......you kids enjoy yourselves!  your still youngsters  ;)   ....not say'in I'm old.......let's just say I'm older  :D  :D  the sails look great........can't wait to see them rigged on the ship  :) 

We Will, Popeye! Life is short, after all. 😉😉

Thought I would post the rigging till last weekend, but couldn't. Got to DM my 23 years AD&D tablet and time flew. 

And here are some pictures. First one to see how It would be like. Test the blocks and such, since I intended to let the sails a bit functional. 

I researched through some papers I found and the rigging seems to be too close to the kit's instructions, so I decided to go along with them.

IMG_20190413_190900.thumb.jpg.5c81105dd32ef01b402b10006b56372f.jpg

Second one with the sail on it's place. Ropes are still loose till I find a way to set them as I want - won't use the instructions for that.

IMG_20190414_204020.thumb.jpg.f80da818d62c010eab1521d3dbead235.jpg

Third one details the ropes that pin the sail to the mast. That part was a little bit challenging as the thread was already sewed to the sail.

IMG_20190414_203947.thumb.jpg.9406d0a1a071c553e33cbda1d2af4d99.jpg

Next post I'll show the sail in place, just waiting for the other 2 to be rigged.

Edited by Vivian Galad

looks very nice Vivian........must be some elaborate rigging for the braces {steering}.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

V,

Nice work on the sails. Interesting how the entire bow section is totally open to any slightly rough seas. That said bow section is needed as a work area. Nice project!!

Michael

Current buildSovereign of the Seas 1/78 Sergal

Under the table:

Golden Hind - C Mamoli    Oseberg - Billings 720 - Drakkar - Amati

Completed:   

Santa Maria-Mantua --

Vasa-Corel -

Santisima Trinidad cross section OcCre 1/90th

Gallery :    Santa Maria - Vasa

Vivian,

looking more carefully could that actually be the stern? It appears as if the rudder may be there as well, and as to how you mounted its sail. Not familiar at all with these boats. 

Michael

Under the table:

Completed:   

Santa Maria-Mantua --

Vasa-Corel -

Nice work Vivian.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

On 4/23/2019 at 8:07 PM, popeye the sailor said:

looks very nice Vivian........must be some elaborate rigging for the braces {steering}.

Hope not so much. For what I've seen, the junk rig can be pretty practical. Will get there soon 😄

10 hours ago, md1400cs said:

V,

Nice work on the sails. Interesting how the entire bow section is totally open to any slightly rough seas. That said bow section is needed as a work area. Nice project!!

7 hours ago, md1400cs said:

Vivian,

looking more carefully could that actually be the stern? It appears as if the rudder may be there as well, and as to how you mounted its sail. Not familiar at all with these boats. 

The stern has the cabin. The bow is open so the anchor can be more easily handled. The rudder can be lowered or brought up depending on water depht. The rudder design tells a lot, since there are regional designs. Sails too! 

2 hours ago, Piet said:

Nice work Vivian.

Cheers,

Tank you Piet!

Beautiful work on a type not seen much here. 

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

On 4/24/2019 at 8:59 PM, Vivian Galad said:

The stern has the cabin. The bow is open so the anchor can be more easily handled. The rudder can be lowered or brought up depending on water depth. The rudder design tells a lot, since there are regional designs. Sails too! 

Vivian thanks guiding me out of the fog 

Michael

Under the table:

Completed:   

Santa Maria-Mantua --

Vasa-Corel -

• 4 years later...