rigging tackle size

Your question indicates that you would be happier if you did some research into what was probably used aboard the actual ship, then obtain or make in scale rope to use for rigging and blocks. Probably not difficult information to obtain, with it you can shop around and purchase or cobble a device together to twist your own rope. Regardless, I would not use the provided rope without checking the scale and if I could match it because doubling the size of the model will result in having only half of the rope that you will need in that kit.

jud

I think your question runs to both rope thickness as well as sizes of things like blocks and deadeyes.  A lot of out of the box tackle is too large to begin with so doubling it might exaggerate a problem.  So I guess applying your look right rule should keep you out of trouble!

Tom

Current: Sergal Sovereign of the Seas

Previous builds:  AL Swift, AL King of the Mississippi, Mamoli Roter Lowe, Amati Chinese Junk, Caesar, Mamoli USS Constitution, Mantua HMS Victory, Panart San Felipe, Mantua Sergal Soleil Royal

There are several replica museum ships from the period sailing today. You might look at them and see what sizes of rope they use under real world conditions and then scale it down to your model.

Drown you may, but go you must and your reward shall be a man's pay or a hero's grave

My opinion would be: Better a bit too small than a bit too large. But that's just me.

There aren't but two options: do it FAST, or do it RIGHT.

Current Project Build Log: Soleil Royal in 1/72. Kit by Artesania Latina.

Last finished projectsRoyal Ship Vasa 1628; French Vessel Royal Louis 1780. 1/90 Scale by Mamoli. 120 Cannons

Future projects already in my stash: Panart: San Felipe 1/75; OcCre: Santísima Trinidad 1/90;

Wish List: 1/64 Amati Victory, HMS Enterprise in 1/48 by CAF models.

So much to build, so little time!