Welcome to Model Ship World
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How I fix Boo-Boos and Oopsies (Mistakes) by Dan Vadas - Share your own "Fixes" here

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

John Allen

John Allen
  • Members
  • 275 posts
  • LocationMobile, Alabama

I had my share of oops, on my Vic (almost finished last page of rigging 13&14) I was a little over my head on this one to begin with. My trials and tribulations were plenty, Start with warped decks out of the box, missing rigging line, and metal furnishings, cat knocked it over repaired, I broke off in succession tip of bowsprit, all tops of fore, main and mizzens at different times, had to drill and pin all main twice, redo rigging on 2,the worst was the ratlines when almost completed they looked really bad, it took me a week and support of all my MSW buddies  to finally take scissors and cut ALL SHROUDS and Ratlines and completely redo if I counted the knots and hours you would have seen a grown man cry.

Actually the bottom line with all your oopsies daisies from what everyone posted is perseverance and patience, patience , patience patience. I have never let anything beat me this one came close when tying ratline knot # 37,152. :10_1_10:

• mtaylor, BANYAN, Nenad and 4 others like this

John Allen

Current build Mamoli HMS Victory

Armed Launch-Panart

Diligence English Revenue Cutter-Marine  Model Co. 

On deck Maori (Waca) war canoe

and Double hull Polynesian canoe (Holakea)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome GUEST to the Model Ship World Community.
Please LOGIN or REGISTER to use all of our feautures.