Welcome to Model Ship World
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What have you received today?

• Please log in to reply
1966 replies to this topic

Kevin

Kevin
  • Members
  • 3,529 posts
  • LocationSomerset England

Kevin, you are going to love that saw. I have owned a Multimax 14V for over 20 years and it is still a gem. Recently I got this one. The nice thing about it is that I can sit anywhere in the backyard and saw away with only the sound of nature and the cutting of the blade. It is a nice tool if you live in a condominium or apartment.

Best regards

http://knewconcepts.com/power.php

• Janos and Roman like this

Please click on photo for a better image

All the best

Kevin

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In build
HMS VICTORY by Wilber - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72
http://modelshipworl...raftjotika-172/

Bismarck By Wilber - Trumpeter 1/200

http://modelshipworl...r-plastic-1200/

Posting a Profile of Your Build

http://modelshipworl...-of-your-build/

Roman

Roman
  • Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationTampa, Florida

Kevin, that is the site but not the saw. The powered one is very expensive but the interesting thing about these saws is how save they are to use and the fact that the blades do not twist when cutting. I have used mine far less expensive than the powered one with an 8/0 and it is a charm. They are not cheap I give you that but this is a tool that can be used for a long, long time. The hand held smaller fret saws can use blades as small as 10/0. They are expensive but they are the better mouse trap when it comes to fret saws. To answer Mike they are available in Europe but they will ship from here as well. On a good note the gentleman who came up with it, is a great guy to talk to and in a world where almost everything is made in the far east this one is made right here in the US. Refreshing https://www.youtube....player_embedded

Edited by Roman, 06 November 2014 - 10:37 PM.

• mtaylor, Kevin and tasmanian like this

tasmanian

tasmanian
  • Members
  • 95 posts
  • Locationsouthampton new york

i ordered a rockwell table saw yesterday.i suppose to get it next wednesday for my birthday !

• mtaylor, Kevin and Roman like this

Grimber

Grimber
  • Members
  • 297 posts
  • LocationAkron, Ohio US

must be scroll saw week :P

I have to be more tight with my budget and power tools are going to be a long shot for me,  but I did manage to get an old sears craftsman scroll saw for $10 (and it does work, tested out when I picked it up).  Now I just need to get a motor with a pulley for it.

SAM_0208.jpg

Edited by Grimber, 08 November 2014 - 12:39 PM.

• mtaylor, avsjerome2003, Kevin and 4 others like this

Current Build Log(s):

-Swift Virginia Pilot Boat 1805- Artesania Latina 1985 no sails kit.  My first wooden ship build.

Carrack - Woodkrafter Kits

Completed Build Log(s):

-Pirate Ship- Woodkrafter Kits Ship in a Bottle - First ship in a bottle kit build.

-The Secret Revealed Boat in a Bottle Kit- Authentic Models - Ship In Bottle

On the Shelf to build:

- Build a Ship in a Bottle Kit - Authentic Models

- The Chesapeake Bay Flattie - Midwest Products

- Armistad 1832 - Serial Modellbau

- San Gabriele 1497 - Serial Modellbau

- Clara May English Ketch - Artesania Latina

- Santa Maria - Scientific

- Margaretha - Tris Model

- Paranzella - Tris Model

seaburd

seaburd
  • Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationCrappy part of Detroit
First I stumbled on this site to get me going on my Grimsby build, but maybe sme new tools or toys to the ship building hobby to get it going too, I'm cleaning up the shop today, and I think I need some kind if a tool/ bench organizer. There's one in MICROMARK, I'm sure you guys know all about Micromark, at $45 it isn't bad, it even has a rod to hold rigging string. #85165 bench organizer. I've bought from micro mark before for ship building tools, good company , any other good bench organizers out ther you guys have bought?

http://www.micromark...CFQ9p7AodYUIAHA

Edited by seaburd, 08 November 2014 - 04:41 PM.

• avsjerome2003 likes this
That's rite.

Grimber

Grimber
  • Members
  • 297 posts
  • LocationAkron, Ohio US

First I stumbled on this site to get me going on my Grimsby build, but maybe sme new tools or toys to the ship building hobby to get it going too, I'm cleaning up the shop today, and I think I need some kind if a tool/ bench organizer. There's one in MICROMARK, I'm sure you guys know all about Micromark, at $45 it isn't bad, it even has a rod to hold rigging string. #85165 bench organizer. I've bought from micro mark before for ship building tools, good company , any other good bench organizers out ther you guys have bought?

http://www.micromark...CFQ9p7AodYUIAHA

I don't remember whose build log it was but he used paint stir sticks that he hung up near his work bench to organize and make handy his clamps.  I plan to do the same once I figure out the most convenient spot on my workbench area to  hang them. ( hate to keep moving things around)

Current Build Log(s):

-Swift Virginia Pilot Boat 1805- Artesania Latina 1985 no sails kit.  My first wooden ship build.

Completed Build Log(s):

-Pirate Ship- Woodkrafter Kits Ship in a Bottle - First ship in a bottle kit build.

On the Shelf to build:

probablynot

probablynot

Supercargo's clerk

• Members
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationPembrokeshire [Wales, UK]
I got my Hegner Multicut 2 about 35 years ago. It was atrociously expensive even way back then, but I've loved having it, and I still find it SO-O versatile and useful. Not a lot of tools available to match it!
  • Kevin and Roman like this

Brian

Current project: - Constructo "Silhouet" 1893 (Dutch barge) http://modelshipworl...constructo-160/

Some previous builds - HMS Bounty Launch [Model Shipways kit] http://modelshipworl...s-116-smallish/

Corel's Half Moon (lightly 'bashed')  http://modelshipworl...scale-150-wood/

A 1:12 scratch-build of 'Anastasia', my old sailing kayak from back in the 1940s. http://modelshipworl...by-probablynot-a-18-re-build-of-my-1949-kayak/

Next project: - I'm thinking.   Might be Victory Models' HMS Fly.  A pretty ship - miles of rigging ...

Dziadeczek

Dziadeczek
  • Members
  • 64 posts

Hegner and Sakura are thought by many to be the best scroll saws. Consider yourself super lucky!!!

• probablynot and Roman like this

mtaylor

mtaylor

Bilge Rat

• SPECIAL CONTRIBUTOR
  • 14,228 posts
  • LocationMedford, OR

Had to get a new shop vac as I fried the one I had last night shaping foam.    Bought one with double the horsepower and double the capacity.  Now to go suck up some sawdust and other things.....  but hopefully it won't suck up a certain small dog. :)

• riverboat, src, avsjerome2003 and 5 others like this

Mark

"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:

Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0

Past Builds:
Triton Cross-Section
USS Constellaton (kit bashed to 1854 Sloop of War (Gallery) Build Log
Wasa (Gallery)

Member of the Nautical Research Guild

qwerty2008

qwerty2008

Post captain

• Members
  • 570 posts
  • LocationEl mirage California

Not an arrival but a departure, my Black Pearl in a bottle just went to its new home today.

105_0730.JPG

Lextin.

• mtaylor, avsjerome2003, Landlubber Mike and 3 others like this
"I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious." - Albert Einstein.

Grimber

Grimber
  • Members
  • 297 posts
  • LocationAkron, Ohio US

Not an arrival but a departure, my Black Pearl in a bottle just went to its new home today.

attachicon.gif105_0730.JPG

Lextin.

Thats cool, glad you posted and now I found your build log links.  Just finished my first SIB so going to read yours see what I can learn of the hobby.  See I got something new today too.   Thats 2 for me for the week. :)

• mtaylor and qwerty2008 like this

Current Build Log(s):

Completed Build Log(s):

On the Shelf to build:

Canute

Canute

Engine Stoker 3rd Class

• Members
  • 1,447 posts
  • LocationWestern NC

A copy of the MS Bounty Launch showed up in the post today, as I was cutting some MDF for a build board. :dancetl6:

I'll be reading the instructions over several times, at least. Hope to start a build log by the weekend. And now we begin...

• tarbrush and Kevin like this

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

shihawk

shihawk
  • Members
  • 757 posts
  • LocationNorthern Ireland, UK

Christmas comes early in N Ireland but the usual problem ,batteries not included or in this case power supply . I have just recieved my Domanoff  serving machine 2.5 and the nanogrinder but neither came with a power supply . I thought the 240 v power came as standard or maybe it comes separarely . Anyone had this problem or will i just contact them for advice???

IMG_0772.JPG

Took me a while to realise that the spares are the handles for the 2.0 version 

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0772.JPG

• avsjerome2003, cristikc, Landlubber Mike and 2 others like this

NMBROOK

NMBROOK
  • Members
  • 3,218 posts
  • LocationYorkshire England

Hi Boyd

My serving machine came with the power supply,I would contact Alexey,he is more than helpful when it comes to resolving problems :)

Kind Regards

Nigel

• shihawk likes this

Project for the summer months-Fairmount Alpine-Billings boats http://modelshipworl...rc-radio/page-1

shihawk

shihawk
  • Members
  • 757 posts

Thought that ,i have e-mailed him ???

shihawk

shihawk
  • Members
  • 757 posts

Have just received a reply from Alexey, the power supplies are coming from China and will arrive shortly . Simple explanation ,Happy Days .. Alexey your good reputation has been maintained .

• mtaylor, gjdale and NMBROOK like this

trippwj

trippwj

Scullery Maid

• Members
  • 3,491 posts
  • LocationEastport, Maine, USA
Gosh - nothing nearly as cool for me, though I did get the free upgrade to first class on both flights today.
  • justsayrow, Landlubber Mike, Marcus Botanicus and 1 other like this

Wayne

Neither should a ship rely on one small anchor, nor should life rest on a single hope.
Epictetus

justsayrow

justsayrow
  • Members
  • 133 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX, USA
An envelop from Model Expo with "American clipper ships 1833-1858" and "how to build wooden boats". Actually came yesterday, Post Holiday in the States today. THANK YOU to all who served on this 11th day of the 11th month.
  • tasmanian likes this

====================================

Currently building: A/L KING OF THE MISSISSIPPI & Mamoli Victory cross-section

Completed: Revell LSM (Plastic, in memory of Dad), A/L SANSON tug, MS Longboat (awesome model Chuck!), Dumas 1949 Chris-Craft 19' Racing runabout, A/L SWIFT, MS ELSIE, Constructo ELIDIR (now LOUISE), Midwest Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack, Amati 1:80 Yacht ENDEAVOUR, Mamoli CONSTITUTION cross section, Revell VIIc U-boat (1:72 plastic), lotsa other plastic ships 

Next up: who knows - there are too many to choose from!

vossy

vossy
  • Members
  • 207 posts
  • Locationballarat, victoria, AUSTRALIA!

i wish someone would explain in detail just what and how these serving machine do and work. the you tube vid told me jack i'm afraid :(

AON

AON
  • Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • LocationNiagara Region, Ontario, Canada
I received my wood lathe!

Maxi-Lathe VF model 25-114QC

14" swing over bed
17" distance between centers but I've added the extension so I get 40"
3/4HP
250 - 3600RPM (pulleys and speed Pot with LED display)
93 lbs (42.5 kg)
plus 4" - 4jaw self centering chuck
plus 5 piece mini chisel set

Now I need to build a permanent table for it

Attached Thumbnails

• lathe.jpg

• mtaylor, avsjerome2003, Kevin and 8 others like this

Alan O'Neill
"only dead fish go with the flow"   :dancetl6:

BUILDS
     1989-90 : 27 foot Type K MONAGU WHALER (1945), POF scratch build, scale 1:12, pulling sweeps stored & rigged for sailing, clinker built
     ***31 Dec 2013 - HMS BELLEROPHON (1786), POF scratch build, scale 1:64, 74 gun 3rd rate Man of War, Arrogant Class
     14 Apr 2014 - Building my Modelling Table
     16 June 2014 -  Refit of the Schooner Charlie
     13 June 2015 - Building my Light Box

*** active build

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome GUEST to the Model Ship World Community.
Please LOGIN or REGISTER to use all of our feautures.