HMS Triton 1:48 (cross section) by Gimo

Pig lard??????

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Ok.. you literally used pig-lard then.  Is the color permanent?  I'm not sure my admiral would appreciate the smell of brass and pig-lard though.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

I won't tell if you won't tell.   ;)

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

Hi gimo

Interesting use of what we in this part of england call pork dripping!!!!

We usually eat the stuff on toast or on crusty bread with cold meats , especially with some of the jelly from the bottom!

Not very healthy but tasty with a glass of English ale. Never thought of using it to blacken brass. Interesting!!!!!

Cheers......mick

End of log.

The base was quickly done from a picture frame.

The barrels and the anchor were taken from an old kit.

Cheers

Gimo

post-41-0-74648000-1429168701_thumb.jpg

post-41-0-11469300-1429168714_thumb.jpg

post-41-0-68170200-1429168725_thumb.jpg

Current Projects :

- 74 gun ship (aft cross section) - scale of 1:54
  - Lugger "Le Coureur" - scale of 1:42

Previous Builds :

- Reale de France

- Triton Cross Section

Congratulation, Gimo.   I love that base as it complements the fine work on the cross-section.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds: