Welcome to Model Ship World
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Amati and Chris Watton

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
708 replies to this topic

KeithW

KeithW
  • Members
  • 1,119 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

I also took a lot of photos of the stern, and added them into my CAD program. I then scaled the pictures to 64th and traced around the decoration, so it should be as accurate as it can be, with all parts the correct sizes and shapes (at least, for the decoration on the stern on the Victory as she is now..)

Chris, I was re-reading your post and then saw that you had written this. The picture you are commenting on is the 1765 Victory, pre-refit, with the open galleries. You loaded this into your CAD program? Why? If you are contemplating offering a 1765 option kit for your HMS Victory, I would be very intrigued! Please say this is so! 

• WackoWolf, marktiedens and Canute like this
Regards, Keith

gallery_1526_572_501.jpg 2007 (completed): HMS Bounty - Artesania Latina  gallery_1526_579_484.jpg 2013 (completed): Viking Ship Drakkar - Amati  post-1526-0-02110200-1403452426.jpg 2014 (completed): HMS Bounty Launch - Model Shipways
post-1526-0-63099100-1404175751.jpg Current: HMS Royal William - Euromodel

Thunder

Thunder
  • Members
  • 87 posts
  • LocationStaffordshire - England

I think he is referring to 'as it is now' because there is evidence that she is not like she was at Trafalgar. Wishful thinking for the 1765 option, that is something I have always wanted myself and would struggle to stop myself from buying.

• mtaylor, Canute and Landrotten Highlander like this

chris watton

chris watton
  • Members
  • 290 posts
  • LocationForest of Dean, Gloucester, UK

Chris, I was re-reading your post and then saw that you had written this. The picture you are commenting on is the 1765 Victory, pre-refit, with the open galleries. You loaded this into your CAD program? Why? If you are contemplating offering a 1765 option kit for your HMS Victory, I would be very intrigued! Please say this is so! 

I am not offering the 1765 version of the kit. I don't think I have ever stated I was. The truth is that if that version was offered, no matter how much aesthetically pleasing it would look, it would not sell well enough to justify the extra development costs.

Anyway, I have been working on Prince, and while waiting for the new carvings to arrive, I made up the new spiral staircases. The old ones were Amati fittings, and each set was exactly the same. I designed the new sets to reflect the ones on the Science Museum contemporary model, with the correct number of steps and decoration for the side rails (laser cut and PE parts). Everything on the deck is dry-fitted only, and nothing is finished or varnished yet..

Prince%201_zpsys4c2cin.jpg

Prince%204_zpsw4z8kjh1.jpg

Prince%203_zpsg82nqugv.jpg

[URL=http://s203.photobucket.com/user/chriswatton/media/Prince/Prince%202_zpsydnqbeum.jpg.html]Prince%202_zpsydnqbeum.jpg

Edited by chris watton, 27 October 2016 - 08:54 AM.

• Ryland Craze, realworkingsailor, Rustyj and 28 others like this

donrobinson

donrobinson
  • Members
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationPrince Albert Saskatchewan Canada

Wonderful looking ship

• mtaylor and Canute like this

Nirvana

Nirvana
  • Members
  • 1,817 posts
  • LocationConnell, WA
Just amazing!

Respectfully

Per aka Dr. Per

Ship modeling is a long lesson in patience - Me

It's better to get something done later than never

Denial is futile, MSW is here to stay.

Therapy for Shipaholics

Finished: T37, BB Marie Jeanne - located on a shelf in Sweden

Current: America by Constructo, Harley almost a Harvey , 18th Century Longboat, Solö Ruff

National Research Guild Member - 'Taint a hobby if you gotta hurry

Glennard

Glennard
  • Members
  • 717 posts
  • LocationScarborough
I do not know when Victory will be released, but I do know that Amati are working on it right now There is a lot of English text to translate..[/quote]

Thank you!

Is this any update on the progress / release date for HMS Victory as I need to ensure I clear the space in the shipyard for the build.

Prince is 1:64 scale, same as Victory.

I do not know when Victory will be released, but I do know that Amati are working on it right now There is a lot of English text to translate..

• hollowneck, WackoWolf and Canute like this

Glenn

HMS Pegasus- Victory Models

HMS Victory - Model Space (DeAgostini)

HMS Victory - Caldercraft (on hold)

Completed boat build Scottish Maid - AL

Kusawa2000

Kusawa2000
  • Members
  • 125 posts
  • LocationWhitehorse, Yukon

Chris: Just a quick check in with you on the Bellona. I assume with all that is on the go right now with you and Amati the Bellona is still on the back burner as far as a high priority for a kit?

Just thought I would ask.. :-)

Mike Draper

• hollowneck, mtaylor, WackoWolf and 3 others like this

Mike Draper

Whitehorse, Yukon

Canada

Secretary, Nautical Research Guild

Mr. Pett

Mr. Pett
  • Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationGermany

Good to see that the project is proceeding. I still have a few years left for my ongoing projects, but building the Prince from a high class kit is still my dream.

Edited by Mr. Pett, 02 January 2017 - 06:29 PM.

williamDB

williamDB
  • Members
  • 92 posts
  • LocationLeeds UK

building the hms Victory, there`s good and bad in building this ship. the good is that the ship is still here and in dry dock in portsmouth,, the bad is that the ship is still here and in dry dock in portsmouth?????? do you follow the drawings or the remade ship at portsmouth, follow the drawings and you end up with a different ship?? build it like the one in portsmouth and you end up with a copy of a copy although thats the one everyone knows ??? so your dammed if you do and dammed if you dont. all the same Chris great job

• mtaylor, WackoWolf, AnobiumPunctatum and 1 other like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Welcome GUEST to the Model Ship World Community.
Please LOGIN or REGISTER to use all of our feautures.