Dan Vad

How to use Search to find Specific Categories of Build Logs

Here's how to find all the build logs that are specific to the type of Build Log/s you are interested in. I've used the sub-category of "Restorations" as an example.

1 - Open the Advanced Search.

2 - Type the word restoration in the "Find Words" box.

3 - In the 2nd box in "Match" select "Only search in Titles"

4 - In the "Find in Forum" box select "Members Build Logs"

5 - Click the "Search Now" button

A full list of any Restorations that have the word in the title in both Kit and Scratch Logs will be shown.

Other sub-categories for non-wooden models use the following words in their Titles :

Plastic - for Plastic kits

Card    - for models built from Card or Paper

Radio  - for Radio Controlled Models

NOTE : This Search only works on Build Logs that have been named correctly. If your own doesn't show in the list check that you have added the sub-category in the Title. See HERE for more advice.

robin b likes this

Dan, I am interested in finding out the 'size of gun powder barrels' (or kegs).

I find references to gun powder barrels (such as the three logs that come up), but how can I find the right page in each if those 'logs'?

Do I have to go through every page, of many?

To be sure they are all interesting, but how to find 'Size of gun powder barrels'?

robin b likes this

It should go directly to the right page/entry when you click on the log entry listed.

Richard.

Indeed great information about barrels in general. I have used this to make some in the past.

What I was surprised about is that gun powder is (or was) stored and shipped in almost standard looking barrels.

They could be as much as three feet tall and probably weighed a couple hundred pounds or more.

One more question about opening barrels. I know how to get into a wine barrel, but how did they get to the pork or whatever solids were in those m . . . .? :rolleyes:

mtaylor likes this

Indeed great information about barrels in general. I have used this to make some in the past.

What I was surprised about is that gun powder is (or was) stored and shipped in almost standard looking barrels.

They could be as much as three feet tall and probably weighed a couple hundred pounds or more.

One more question about opening barrels. I know how to get into a wine barrel, but how did they get to the pork or whatever solids were in those m . . . .? :rolleyes:

You open a gun powder barrel, pour a little bit of powder onto the top of the pork barrel, stand back with a lighted fuse, and then carefully apply the fuse. :D

Just don't leave the open gun powder barrel too close.

Richard.

mtaylor likes this

Now back to the original question about searching.

You can using google's advanced search https://www.google.com/advanced_search

This will give you more options in how you search and, if you put modelshipworld.com into the "Site or Domain" box, it will only search this site.

Richard.

Jay,

Take the end (lid or whatever it's called) off, I would suspect.    As I recall reading somewhere, on English/American ships, the powder kegs were painted red.

Canute likes this