San Martin by augustus

Just beautiful, Augustus.  The wood choices you made are really working well together.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! Augustus I just found your build and I must say you are doing beautiful work. True craftsmanship. I will have to keep an eye on her as you continue. Again, great job!

"A Smooth Sea NEVER made a Skilled Sailor"
- John George Hermanson 

-E.J.

Current Builds - Royal Louis - Mamoli

Royal Caroline - Panart

Completed - Wood - Le Soleil Royal - Sergal - Build Log & Gallery

La Couronne - Corel - Build Log & Gallery

Rattlesnake - Model Shipways, HMS Bounty - Constructo

Plastic - USS Constitution - Revel (twice), Cutty Sark.

Unfinished - Plastic - HMS Victory - Heller, Sea Witch.

Member : Nautical Research Guild

Thank you for your kind words.There is weekly progress and another 2 years and its done.The ship is completely scratch built and based on pictures and imagination.My other projects in previous decades include swords helms shields flintlock pistols seige engines daggars maces and large segment style wood turnings.[cedliz1 at youtube] Good health and have fun with your nice projects.    Laci.

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful work! She sure is looking great.

- John George Hermanson 

-E.J.

Royal Caroline - Panart

• 2 weeks later...

Another great update! Well done indeed! I love how you are letting the natural wood colors come out. In my opinion this is more beautiful than painting.

- John George Hermanson 

-E.J.

Royal Caroline - Panart

• 2 weeks later...

I always enjoy seeing masts go up. They add a whole other dimension to the ship and also to me at least, mark the passing of the halfway point in the build.

Nice oveall pictures too. Sometimes when looking at closeups for so long it is easy to forget just how large these ships are. Truly a beautiful sight to see. Well done!

- John George Hermanson 

-E.J.

Royal Caroline - Panart

Hello E J.Thank you for your comment.Lot of work ,little progress.The main mast almost done then bell tower, a couple of barrels Since it"s scratch built

and based on imagination, it's difficult to find the appropriate size and location for so many parts.So far I think it looks pretty good.Take a look at my previous projects at you tube    cedliz1   .Laci the shipbuilder and master of arms.

Excellent pictures of outstanding details. I'm always impressed at how nice and clean all of the lines are in your woodwork. Looks like it won't be long and we will be seeing the rigging going up. :)

- John George Hermanson 

-E.J.

Royal Caroline - Panart