Willie L Bennett by Jack12477 - FINISHED - Model Shipways - 1:32 Scale - skipjack

Congrats Jack on your terrific build and beautiful display !      

Current Build: Willie L. Bennett - Model Shipways

Future Interests:  Friendship Sloop - BlueJacket Ship Crafters

Cape Cod Catboat - BlueJacket Ship Crafters 

• 2 weeks later...

We did make it to the Northeast Joint Clubs Conference in New London CT and displayed the Willie Bennett.  So to finish off the build log, here's a photo of her at the show. Great show; great models; enjoyed meeting  members of MSW.

IMG_5769.JPG.ae2dac93d8ebf3379f19dbb79b0b0809.JPG

really good to see Jack :)   did they do any judging........awards?

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Thanks, Denis. Yes there were two - People's Choice award (1st, 2nd, 3rd place) and the Jim Roberts Award .  Everyone who registered got a ballot to vote for the People's Choice award. The Jim Roberts award is a more formally judged award based on a set of criteria - panel of 5 judges did that judging. It's present by the New Jersey Club.  Don't know much else about it since I'm new to all this.  The winner of both awards is in the NE Joint Clubs forum see this post https://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/15240-35th-annual-northeast-ship-model-conference-and-show/&do=findComment&comment=496528

The rest of the models are a post or two prior to this one.

The Admiral won one of the door prizes - the MS Sultana kit - so I guess I'll be building that for her sometime down the line. ;)

• 1 month later...

Thank you, Lawrence for the birthday wishes and your very kind compliments on the skipjack build.  I have been following your own build (silently), enjoying your work and commentary. I try to click the Like button to let you know I've been "lurking" in the background. Yes I do understand the distractions getting in the way of browsing MSW, I have trouble keeping up myself. 

Again thanks for looking in and your very kind words.

• 3 weeks later...

so,  what will be your next conquest?

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

Trying to decide.  Choices are AL Constellation, MS Picketboat or maybe go real crazy and scratch build an ice yacht.  Haven't decided but summer projects are distracting me at the moment plus I need to rearrange the basement workspace first.

I'll keep an eye out for the start of your next one........whatever you decide. :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

• 6 months later...

Hi Lawrence, haven't been up to much lately - awaiting some ice on the river so we can bring the antique ice yachts out and do some sailing.  Next build is still being debated; I've been toying with the idea of scratch building a scale model of one of our club's ice yachts. Been waiting for them to come out of storage and get set up on the ice so I can get measurements.  Otherwise it will either be the Constellation or the Picket Boat.

• The title was changed to Willie L Bennett by Jack12477 - FINISHED - Model Shipways - 1:32 Scale - skipjack