Amazing and extremely superb craftsmanship!

Please, visit our Facebook page!

Respectfully

Per aka Dr. Per@Therapy for Shipaholics 
593661798_Keepitreal-small.jpg.f8a2526a43b30479d4c1ffcf8b37175a.jpg

Finished: T37, BB Marie Jeanne - located on a shelf in Sweden, 18th Century Longboat, Winchelsea Capstan

Current: America by Constructo, Solö Ruff, USS Syren by MS, Bluenose by MS

Viking funeral: Harley almost a Harvey

Nautical Research Guild Member - 'Taint a hobby if you gotta hurry

Thank you very much to all for your comments. I believe, that what important mas of this of the naval model-maker is the great adventure that he supposes. The quantity of new things that we are incorporating in every model. And now, a bit of philosophy: the aim the model can never be end, but enjoy his construction

AMALIO

Okay,

I must have lost my mind, either the modell is extremely large or the the tools are very small.

But the outcome  - well I wish I had some top words for this.

Just fantastic!

Please, visit our Facebook page!

Respectfully

Per aka Dr. Per@Therapy for Shipaholics 
593661798_Keepitreal-small.jpg.f8a2526a43b30479d4c1ffcf8b37175a.jpg

Finished: T37, BB Marie Jeanne - located on a shelf in Sweden, 18th Century Longboat, Winchelsea Capstan

Current: America by Constructo, Solö Ruff, USS Syren by MS, Bluenose by MS

Viking funeral: Harley almost a Harvey

Nautical Research Guild Member - 'Taint a hobby if you gotta hurry

Hello to all. I want to ask you a bit of patience to be able to remove the mold. We have to hope that the exterior lining is finished. Now us this one being very useful because it is what gives strength to the whole set. When the exterior lining is put, the set that sera form the interior lining, the frames and the exterior lining a very occurred structure, and we will be able to extract the mold. At the moment it is helping us very much. Thank you very much to all. It is an honor for my that you follow the construction of this model.

AMALIO

Amalio,

Could you give an English translation followed by the Spanish text - or the other way around. Google translate doesn't do a particular good translation from time to time (not your fault but google's)

saludo

Carl

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

I'm also waiting to see how the hull turns out when you remove the mold! With this particular hull, do the angles at the upper and lower limits of maximum breadth stay there?

Be sure to sign up for an epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series  http://trafalgar.tv

• 3 weeks later...

Wow , sorry i missed the start, just how do you get the frame wast the dummy lids

Edited by Kevin

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

His frames are constructed above, below and around the faux-port lids. They are used as templates to help frame the hull. The real question is how will the plug be extracted from the framed hull later on (as seen in the early photos)? The mysterious Amalio will  reveal all (hopefully)  in his own time.

Edited by dvm27

Greg

website
Admiralty Models

moderator Echo Cross-section build
Admiralty Models Cross-section Build

Finished build
Pegasus, 1776, cross-section

Current build
Speedwell, 1752

Presumably the plug is in pieces and once a central 'keystone' is extracted the other parts will come out easily - provided nothing has been glued to them!

Be sure to sign up for an epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series  http://trafalgar.tv

Or the plug is single-use and would be cut into pieces like frame centers in Chuck's longboat?

Very impressive fairing and keel slot. Looks so accurate as it is milled on the completed hull. Incredible precision!

I could imagine he extracts the faux-ports, slides the rear of, slides the front of and slides one or more middle segments of, and puts them together over the keel again, creating a perfect hull, just some sanding let to do ...

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...