H.M.S. Triton, 28 gun frigate (Cross Section) - by drhemlock2

lots of frames I have cut out and placed them in a organized manner I have built a jig to build her but have yet to get pics. I have the keel and false keel already cut. next is starting to put the frames etc. together. I have also made a mock up of planks and wood to try different methods of staining hope to show this soon and different types of stains I used my wood is basswood so far for both full build as well as this one.

post-2570-0-75669800-1364694662_thumb.jpg

RIP dad 10 apr 2010

RIP my dog "Copper" BBF 24 june 2013

when in question build it yourself at least the first time.

when a clamp is needed "Ducktape it"

Dr, very compact on your layout. If I tried cutting that I would be total failure.Best of luck.  Larry

With Age Comes Wisdom,I'm Still Waiting!

Current Builds:Syren.Triton Cross section.

Completed Builds: Virginia by AL

King of the Mississippi by AL

Constellation by AL

Nice start Dr.

Like Larry said. I too would be a basket case cutting that. But, no waste right. I gave myself a little more room to do the cuttings. 

Ron

Current Build: H.M.S. Triton Cross Section 1:48

Why is it that I always find out the best way to do something is after I have already done it the wrong way? - Me

i have found that the more I use my scroll saw(thank god I got it) the more I get better at using it. I will admit that if I do not use it for a while it takes some getting back into the swing of things. right now I am having some issues with my hands hope to sort it out soon, probably the cold used to be I hated the heat now as I get older heat is a good thing cold is not. 

doc

RIP dad 10 apr 2010

RIP my dog "Copper" BBF 24 june 2013

when in question build it yourself at least the first time.

when a clamp is needed "Ducktape it"

Way to go Doc!

When I started cutting with the scroll saw I put lots of space between all the different patterns. Now I fulfil the timber much more in the way you do. It takes me like half hour to glue all the pieces together to the 1000x80mm wood but it is worth the effort. Then with the disc sand I can fair the piece very accurate.

Good luck.

Daniel.

• 5 months later...