La Couronne by yancovitch - FINISHED - RADIO

oh  well, i thought i'd add a little update....confed still on hold :)...can't seem to stop here......

..many parts still not glued in place......used a nikon 105macro with fill flash for what it's worth :)....threw in the first shot, my wife took, just cause i thought it was amusing......

still gonna be a lot of micro sanding and painting when everything's in place......i kinda enjoy that.....found these little gold plated rings at the dollar store....purchased 5 packs....opened them up and straightened them, then bent them sideways to fit around the door frames...gives more dimension....using them for other decorations too....and still more to come, if i can figure out what to do :).........oh....yes...we have a wood stove....-25 celcius here......

post-12143-0-31849400-1481322104_thumb.jpg

post-12143-0-90079000-1481322116_thumb.jpg

post-12143-0-71127600-1481322124_thumb.jpg

Edited by yancovitch

oh well, i thought i'd add a little update....confed still on hold :)...can't seem to stop here......

..many parts still not glued in place......used a nikon 105macro with fill flash for what it's worth :)....threw in the first shot, my wife took, just cause i thought it was amusing......

still gonna be a lot of micro sanding and painting when everything's in place......i kinda enjoy that.....found these little gold plated rings at the dollar store....purchased 5 packs....opened them up and straightened them, then bent them sideways to fit around the door frames...gives more dimension....using them for other decorations too....and still more to come, if i can figure out what to do :).........oh....yes...we have a wood stove....-25 celcius here......

Simply stunning and as Carl has said....BIG!!!

Cheers

Patrick

Great pictures!! Love seeing you next to her as we can now really see how truly large you are building her. Well done indeed! You are making a gorgeous ship and I really enjoy seeing another Couronne being built along with mine. Seeing the different ways we have taken the builds has been very fascinating and educational. Looking forward to more! :)

"A Smooth Sea NEVER made a Skilled Sailor"
- John George Hermanson 

-E.J.

Current Builds - Royal Louis - Mamoli

Royal Caroline - Panart

Completed - Wood - Le Soleil Royal - Sergal - Build Log & Gallery

La Couronne - Corel - Build Log & Gallery

Rattlesnake - Model Shipways, HMS Bounty - Constructo

Plastic - USS Constitution - Revel (twice), Cutty Sark.

Unfinished - Plastic - HMS Victory - Heller, Sea Witch.

Member : Nautical Research Guild

thanks, and ha......was going to leave off on the couronne and finish my  confed, but i can 't seem to stop working on it..........found some beads on line, cut one in half on an angle and added two more on top....piece of copper wire hammered down the center after drilling holes in base......was going to do gold for the glamour, but i think i can leave the natural color of the beads......

oh... bent rings around the door frames......

post-12143-0-76009200-1481837919_thumb.jpg

post-12143-0-60763900-1481838357_thumb.jpg

Edited by yancovitch

Nice work with those beads. Great addition to the railings.

- John George Hermanson 

-E.J.

Royal Caroline - Panart

Among all the other fantastic work on you ship. I find the door details to be just remarkable. The ship is a real pleasure to look at. It also shows what building in large scale can do for detailing.

Regards

She sure looks good. Nice place to stop and switch to the Confed. Run some lines and then switch back later. Those breaks in between seem to help me a lot when working on my builds. Have a nice holiday weekend!

- John George Hermanson 

-E.J.

Royal Caroline - Panart

hmmmmm....christmas break......hmmmmm....may be longer than that :D .....then again it's difficult when there are two ships demanding to be finished at the same time......i wonder what i'll end up doing........a master of division........as i mentioned once, if i had written the wizzard of oz, the story would have ended at the scarecrow and the fork in the road :)

......fa la la la la.......la la..la...la...........................

• 2 weeks later...

• aaaah....just realizing.....rigging....what a problem i have trying to find rigging plans...bought the plans for musees de la marine, and they were useless unless i read italian....and the luci's couronne plans, weren't helpful as the numbers on the lines didn't match the belaying points on the deck plan.....may have to purchase some plans for the mantua kit, as mine is closer to that.....the corel plans are available online, but the resolutions is so poor, it's hard to read..... ...i dunno....haven't the patience to do alot of research in books etc. as it's a close enough for jazz effort, as this ship i'm doing is a bit of a fantasy ship to begin with...........great advantage of doing a kit, for sure in this regard, although some kit plans leave a lot to be desired, and one has to do research anyways......which, it seems may be what i may end up having to do...though i do have a few books...yuk....i'm just not a reader, just a full time doer :)

Edited by yancovitch

I have had a lot of similar trouble with finding the tie off points on the belaying pins too. When I get home tonight I will look through my papers and see if I have anything that will help you out. I have not done much yet in terms of the pins as I have not got to running rigging yet as I'm still working my stays and shrouds. I know a lot of my decisions have been educated guessing though based off of the plans I have and Anderson's books on 17th century rigging. If I can find some good layouts I will scan them and send them your way.

- John George Hermanson 

-E.J.

Royal Caroline - Panart

Good news! I may have some drawings that could help. They are too big for my home scanner though so I will take them into work in the morning and scan them there. They are from Corel plan sheets and are clear enough to read the numbers. How accurate they are, who knows :rolleyes: but, I will be using them for mine so we can both be wrong together! :D

- John George Hermanson 

-E.J.

Royal Caroline - Panart

Amazing..truly.

Rob

Current build:

Build log: https://modelshipworld.com/topic/25382-glory-of-the-seas-medium-clipper-1869-by-rwiederrich-196

Finished build:

Build log: of 1/128th Great Republic: http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/13740-great-republic-by-rwiederrich-four-masted-extreme-clipper-1853/#

Current build(On hold):

Build log: 1/96  Donald McKay:http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/4522-donald-mckay-medium-clipper-by-rwiederrich-1855/

Completed build:  http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/gallery/album/475-196-cutty-sark-plastic/

The LORD said, "See, I have set (them) aside...with skills of all kinds, to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver, and bronze, to cut and set stones, to work in wood, and to engage in all kinds of crafts."