Randy

Randy's Triton

In the next few days I will get some pictutres posted of where I am at now.  I lost a hard drive about six months ago and so

also lost all of the pictures of my build.  I have the gun deck beams, knees, carlings and ledges in.  Also some deck

planking and furniture.  Right now I am planking the inner bulwarks.  Lets get this triton thread active.  Randy

harvey1847 and mtaylor like this

Randy, don't know if it is just me but I see no pictures just  "here are a few pictures."?????????????

Wellcome Back! Yes I agree we need more full models! Sorry to hear about the hard disc...

Thanks for the time to repost the old topic.

Best wishes!

Daniel.

Randy can you post pictures of your deadwood construction? I am most interested in the taper of this deadwood area The plans do not specify how much and what shape the taper should take. I see that you lost most of the pictures of your build but if you could of pictures of this area I would appriciate it.

Thanks Guy

It has been over a year since i have posted on my build.  I will post some pictures of the current state of my build.  Work has kept me very busy.

I am working on the forecastle area of the Triton since that seems to me to be the easier than then the stern with all of quarter galliries and stern

windows.  I will add some pictures that show the hawse holes, quarterdeck timbers and catheads.

post-620-0-13648100-1397269179_thumb.jpg

post-620-0-60593000-1397269209_thumb.jpg

post-620-0-40597500-1397269248_thumb.jpg

jaerschen, mtaylor, Pete38 and 1 other like this

HELLO Randy!

It is always nice to see an almost finished model like yours. How you paint all those red parts? Oil or achrylic water based paint?

Keep going!

Daniel.

As one who has 10+ years on my current build (calendar time, not work time) I totally understand.  The great part is that the build is always waiting.  A very nice Titon, look forward to seeing the progress.

Stay building my friends,

Mark

harvey1847 likes this

I really appreciate the nice comments.  I really enjoy the time that spend on the Triton and following the Triton forum.

Daniel, the paint I used on the Triton is badger brand GMO red.  It is an acryilac paint.

harvey1847 likes this

Any suggestions are appreciated.

hello Randy! Any suggestions about what?! She is looking funtastic. The beams with its camber plus the knees and hanging knees make the set pretty sturdy and symetrical to me... I wouldn´t plank that part.

Keep going!

Daniel.