Although I managed to make a limber board for my Triton cross-section, I remain unhappy with the method I used as it wasn't as precise as I wished.

The method I used was simply to angle a disc sander and sand the parallel sides without cutting the bottom flat part (I thought that at this scale the lack of a flat part would not be very noticeable).

I therefore thought it would be nice to find out from the experts how they approached doing this.

The picture of the cross-section is:

post-229-0-94872200-1476703188_thumb.jpg

All contributions most welcome as I'm bound to be doing this on future builds!

Thanks

Tony

Thanks, druxey. I had thought about doing it with the saw (as I do have a tilting arbor) and could see how the first face might be cut. However I thought it might be hard to cut the second parallel face over the full length to the exact width as it would require careful juggling with a stick holding it down.

And after that I thought that the final flat on the lower surface would prove even more difficult.

However, I can see that this might be something to practise and perfect!

Tony

• 4 weeks later...

Ha! Having thought about it in relation to another sawing question (this time the waterway on the lower deck of the Triton cross-section) I realised how simple it would be.

The reason I was in a bind was that I was thinking of cutting the angles on a 2mm plank. The moment I realised that I just have to turn the diagram 90 degrees it was clear that I could use a long and wide block to slice off planks with the correct bevel. That way I could also just push the block 2.44mm to the side for each set of slices

Sorry to have wasted everyone's time, but in case anyone's interested, here's a drawing of explanation:

post-229-0-97726300-1478645654_thumb.jpg

Now back to the waterways!

Tony

Ah.... Occam's razor strikes again.   Simple and elegant, Tony.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)