Two Edwardian type launches by Cap'n'Bob - small - 1:48 - Finished

Thanks Keith.  Elegance is what I'm after.

Bob

Every build is a learning experience.

Current build:  SS_ Mariefred

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

In the Gallery:   Catboat,   International-Dragon-Class,   Spray

Thanks Steve, I can't either.

Bob

Completed builds:  US Coast Guard Pequot   Friendship-sloop,  Schooner Lettie-G.-Howard,   Spray,   Grand-Banks-dory

a gaff rigged yawl,  HOGA (YT-146),  Int'l Dragon Class II,   Two Edwardian Launches 

Thanks, Gary.

Bob

looking very fine Bob  ;)    no problem.......a quick mask......and your in business  :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Thanks Popeye, I should send it to you for painting.  Then I know it would be good.

Bob

Edited by Cap'n'Bob

As many times as I have done this you think I would learn.

Bob You know that this is the nature of the Universe.

The hull looks so elegant, there is something that just oozes out of builds like this that is almost contagious... I want one!

Michael

Current builds  Bristol Pilot Cutter 1:8;      Skipjack 19 foot Launch 1:8;       Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14 1:8

Other projects  Pilot Cutter 1:500 ;   Maria, 1:2  Now just a memory    

Future model Gill Smith Catboat Pauline 1:8

Finished projects  A Bassett Lowke steamship Albertic 1:100  

Anything you can imagine is possible, when you put your mind to it.

Yes, Michael.  When I showed some of the pictures to the wife she said it gave her the feeling that she wanted to get on one.  Ah, would be nice to have one at my dock.  Would be nice to have a dock.  Would be nice to have water to put a dock.  Ah well.

Bob

even if California was to become an island........you'd still be too far inland  :(    next ice age perhaps?

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Thanks, Patrick.  I'm glad you're here.

Bob

Thanks Julie, I'm glad to see you here.  I average about an hour a day If nothing interrupts, like holidays.  So I too find it hard to wait to see more.

Bob

Not much to show.  The holiday took a lot of my time.  But I did get the hull painted.  And I'm told the saw blade has been shipped so maybe I can start on number two.

Bob

post-513-0-89687600-1480522813_thumb.jpg

She'll be very similar, John.  The roof will be different and I'm not sure about the awning.

Bob

Yes, Michael.  When I showed some of the pictures to the wife she said it gave her the feeling that she wanted to get on one.  Ah, would be nice to have one at my dock.  Would be nice to have a dock.  Would be nice to have water to put a dock.  Ah well.

Bob

I have the water, Bob.  And I have the dock too.  But now I can't afford the boat!  :huh:

Julie

First and only build: Endeavour - 1934 American's Cup, UK Challenger, J-Class - Amati 1:35

Julie, when you finish the Endeavor, build the, "I Shrunk the Kids", machine and run it in reverse.  Works every time.

Bob

Julie, when you finish the Endeavor, build the, "I Shrunk the Kids", machine and run it in reverse.  Works every time.

Bob

You'd laugh if you knew how many times I've thought the same thing.

Julie

First and only build: Endeavour - 1934 American's Cup, UK Challenger, J-Class - Amati 1:35

Hi Bob

Just fell over your little "sisters", nice and elegant boats! I`ll keep myself in.............

Regards

Gerhard

Problems just mean: solutions not yet found

Models in progress

SMS DANZIG

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/12842-sms-danzig-1851-by-gerhardvienna-radio-150-scale/

USS CAIRO

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/13282-uss-cairo-by-gerhardvienna-live-steam-radio/

Baby Bootlegger 1/10

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/13625-baby-bootlegger-110-radio-by-gerhardvienna/

Swiss paddlesteamer RIGI 1848 1:50, after plans from the Verkehrshaus Zürich, rescaled to original length

Anchor tugboat BISON, 1:50, plans from VTH, scratch

Finished models

See-Ewer ELBE, Constructo kit 1:48

German fastboat after plans from german Reichskriegsmarine measure unknown (too ugly to show up!)

German traffic boat for battleships WW2, 1:50, after plans from Jürgen Eichardt, scratch

German Schnellboot TIGER P6141 VTH plans, scratch

Lawrence, computers are a pain and sometimes I hate them but then I remember no matter how slow they are we wouldn’t have MSW to keep in touch and have that comradery I need to keep going with boat modeling.

Julie, I love the way you think, It’s like me.

Welcome aboard, Gerhard, I’ll try to keep you entertained.

Now here is where I am now.  The saw blade came yesterday so I need to mount that and cut wood for the other boat.  For this one I’m moving right along.  I built the walls for the saloon.  They’re not finished yet but placing them in the hull helps clarify the finished boat. 

Bob

post-513-0-32439300-1481134679_thumb.jpg

post-513-0-69106100-1481134699_thumb.jpg

post-513-0-17336500-1481134715_thumb.jpg

raw cabin is looking fantastic Bob,

you must be paying attractive wages to your shipyard workers....

good progress and tidy work  :)

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

Beautifully done Bob.

Keith

Current Build:-

Cangarda (Steam Yacht) - Scale 1:24

Previous Builds:-

Schooner Germania (Nova) - Scale 1:36

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/19848-schooner-germania-nova-by-keithaug-scale-136-1908-2011/

Schooner Altair by KeithAug - Scale 1:32 - 1931

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/12515-schooner-altair-by-keithaug-scale-132-1931/?p=378702

J Class Endeavour by KeithAug - Amati - Scale 1:35 - 1989 after restoration.

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/10752-j-class-endeavour-by-keithaug-amati-scale-135-1989-after-restoration/?p=325029

Other Topics

Nautical Adventures

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/13727-nautical-adventures/?p=422846

Bob you have no idea how much I am enjoying watching you build this launch, it looks super. Like Lawrence I wait in anticipation for the next update.

Michael

PS Brrrrrrr it is -20 c here today and for the last couple of days.

Current builds  Bristol Pilot Cutter 1:8;      Skipjack 19 foot Launch 1:8;       Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14 1:8

Other projects  Pilot Cutter 1:500 ;   Maria, 1:2  Now just a memory    

Future model Gill Smith Catboat Pauline 1:8

Finished projects  A Bassett Lowke steamship Albertic 1:100  

Anything you can imagine is possible, when you put your mind to it.

Bob:

Very nice looking hull. I also think the cabin is coming along well. Excellent work.

Russ

Hi Bob

Nothing that's designed nowadays, (it seems), can come even close to the grace and classiness of the designs that were typical of the era of your boat. 

I guess that's why your boat has such widespread appeal.  Oh.... and, what a top job you're doing, too!

Cheers

Patrick