Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Charter33

Problems posting on the site

Hi,

I've spent many hours over the last couple of days (no exaggeration!) attempting to post a 'New member introduction' prior to starting a build log for my current project, and have failed miserably. I've read through the various guidance and advice articles, written the item as a Word documents as suggested, but any attempt to cut / paste or attach it results in a message stating that I am 'not permitted to upload this type of file'. The same thing happened when trying to attach photos ( which have been re-sized to meet requirements).

My dialogue box also appears different to that shown on the 'how to add photographs and text' explanations and I can find no sign of any kind of 'edit' button to enable me to adjust the layout, position of photographs etc.

I can't figure out where I'm going wrong and am beginning to lose the motivation to keep trying - HELP!  Any advice gratefully received.

Cheers,

Charter 33

Altduck likes this

Try this:

1. Don't give up

2. From your Word doc, COPY - paste the text (highlight the entire body of text you want in, "copy" it, and then "paste" it  into the message box.

Your help request showed up OK, so all is not lost.

Welcome, and good luck

mtaylor likes this

Go to the very very bottom of this page on the left.....see where it says change theme.   Select another theme and see if that is easier for you and one style you pick may match the tutorials better.

mtaylor likes this

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your quick response to my enquiry.

My laptop runs Windows 7, and my browser of choice is usually Internet Explorer. I do have Chrome available and thinking about it I have had a couple of problems with a couple of other sites due to my reliance on Explorer. Could the solution to my ineptitude be as simple as browser choice?

Cheers,

Graham

- not ready to give up yet, Richard.

mtaylor likes this

It it's IE 11.... yes there's problems with IE11 and Microsoft won't be fixing them.  Also, try what Chuck suggested.

Hi Mark and Chuck,

Thanks for you time and guidance - I'll be acting on your advice shortly.

Cheers,

Graham