Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
skifflake

new member introduction

Hi To all:

I joined yesterday and guess what. I spent the next 12 hours viewing many of the posts. What a wealth of information and I thanks all the contributors. Having NRG and it's members will bring many hours of pleasure going forward.

I started my first model in 1971 and here I am 45 years later at 65 enjoying every moment. Most of my builds were Bluejacket out of Norwalk Conn at that time. I have to be honest here now. As I grew older my hands shook more and my eyes were not the best. I still loved model builds but started to run away from the hobby thinking I was done for. Not really a good feeling at the time.

Then by accident somewhat I was at an estate sale and came across a few turn of the century Pond Boats and hand made models. My first thought was what a shame to see this history lost or destroyed. I purchased all of them and my new found love of modeling was to restore and display them proudly. I'm so happy now to have a new start in what I loved for so many years. When it became to difficult to build from scratch restoring older lost models has been nothing but pure pleasure. I love older Pond Boats, handmade boats, folk art, etc. Condition is not an issue but I choose models that I like and know I can restore. Some I completely restore, others are cleaned and left in their natural state which is a beautiful piece of history to enjoy.

There is a lot of history out there so if you have run away for the hobby for whatever reason your skills and talents can be used in other areas. You will see once you save a piece of history. Thank again to all.

Pat

kvnrykvn, EJ_L, ccoyle and 2 others like this

Hello Pat and welcome aboard,

It is good to hear you found your way back to modelling, that must be a fantastic feeling.

And restoring models to their former glory must be very rewarding.

I hoe you will share some photos with us.

I saw this question in your profile feed. This link explains how to add a picture to your profile: http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/1071-adding-my-picture-to-profile/

Enjoy your stay here and I wish you smooth sailing and happy restoring.

Regards,

Anja

mtaylor likes this

Thank you Anja. From Canada to the Netherlands' I wish you a happy new year and will watch for you on line. What a small world with the internet. :piratebo5:

mtaylor and Anja like this

Hi Anja:

I have poster pictures to my profile page album without any problems. I'm still having difficulty posting my profile picture. I've gone through all the How to do on line and still no luck.  I send this to you so you can do it for me. thanks

Anja and mtaylor like this

Hi Anja:

Figured it out and now have my picture posted with my 6 month old grandson. All my models will be going to him and I'm hopping he will take over in time...

Anja and mtaylor like this