Old age, the eyes are the second thing to go, requires me to sell my kits in the smaller scales.

I am selling the following:

MS Brig Niagara $225 SOLD

MS Syren $225 SOLD

Both are Blue Boxed and mint.

Actual shipping costs to be added.

I am also selling the Corel la Couronne 1:100, several years old but complete with a dirty box.  $350 plus actual shipping. Includes a copy of La Couronne 1636 by Vincenzo Lusci. It's in Italian but the pictures are great. SOLD

Shipping will be USPS Priority Mail.

I wish I could build them, but it's no longer possible.

Edited by ca.shipwright

The eyes are the second thing to go...and I don't remember the first.

Chuck Seiler
San Diego Ship Modelers Guild
Nautical Research Guild

Current Build:: Colonial Schooner SULTANA (scratch from Model Expo Plans), Hanseatic Cog Wutender Hund, John Smith Shallop
Completed:  Missouri Riverboat FAR WEST (1876) Scratch, 1776 Gunboat PHILADELPHIA (Scratch 1/4 scale-Model Shipways plans)

That is why they sell magnification head bands that have up to four different lens with different magnifications. I have a set and old age has humbled me to the realization that without them I would also have to give up the hobby.

mike

Edited by mtdoramike

Model Expo has an offer to buy kits on now, you could check them out if no luck here. Not too sure what kind of prices they are offering

• 2 weeks later...

On 2/8/2017 at 8:10 PM, donrobinson said:

Model Expo has an offer to buy kits on now, you could check them out if no luck here. Not too sure what kind of prices they are offering

I sold 2 kits to Model Expo and received what I thought was a great price for them.  I probably could of gotten more for them if I had put in a bunch more effort but it was the easy option.  Very satisfied customer. 

I did speak to John Garcia. The offer was a little low. Decided to try on my own.

Thanks

Dealing with Model Shipways is almost like selling a used car at a dealer.  The dealer will always offer a decent price but you can usually do better on your own.

Derek

If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the men to gather wood, divide the work and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea  

Antoine de Saint Exupery

Current Builds

Bluenose - Model Shipways - 1:64 Scale

Fair American - Model Shipways - 1:48 Scale

HMS Winchelsea 1764 - Group Build

On Deck

Guns of History Naval Smoothbore Deck Gun - 1:24 Scale

Finished Builds

Mare Nostrum - Artesania Latina - 1:35 Scale

Guns of History Carronade - Model Shipways - 1:24 Scale

Member of the Nautical Research Guild