Norske Love questions

Lorne

I wouldn't be surprised if I have one of the oldest, Billings,Norske Love kits around.  The date on the plans say, "Aug. 1966"  I bought both the kit and the brass fittings for it and managed to complete the hull when life got in the way and it has sat well protected on a shelf all these years.  Now I have the time to work on it and would like to complete it.  Billings has made many modifications to the original kit over the years and I believe it is no longer made.

The kit calls for carving the fret work on the stern as well as the figurehead but I am not very satisfied with the detail stamped into the balsa which is provided.  Has anyone done this kit that I could communicate with?  I would particularly like to find detailed pictures or plans for carving the stern.  I am also not proud and would be happy if someone had these pieces as extras made out of plastic and I could work something out with them.

Best regards,

Lorne Bohn

Once I need extra parts for my Wasa.

I then bought the Norske lowe extra parts set (for a very cheap price)

Do you mean these parts. 

post-24614-0-26816400-1487496103_thumb.jpg

Groetjes

Greetings

Regards, Patrick

Finished :  Soleil Royal Heller 1/100   Wasa Billing Boats   Bounty Revell 1/110 plastic (semi scratch)   Pelican / Golden Hind  1/45 scratch

Current build :  Mary Rose 1/50 scratch

Gallery Revell Bounty  Pelican/Golden hind 1/45 scratch

To do Prins Willem Corel, Le Tonnant Corel, Yacht d'Oro Corel, Thermopylae Sergal 

Shore leave,  non ship models build logs :  

ADGZ M35 funkwagen 1/72    Einhets Pkw. Kfz.2 and 4 1/72   Autoblinda AB40 1/72   122mm A-19 & 152mm ML-20 & 12.8cm Pak.44 {K8 1/2} 1/72   10.5cm Howitzer 16 on Mark. VI(e)  Centurion Mk.1 conversion   M29 Weasel 1/72     SAM6 1/72    T26 Finland  T26 TN 1/72  Autoprotetto S37 1/72     Opel Blitz buses 1/72  Boxer and MAN trucks 1/72   Hetzer38(t) Starr 1/72    

Si vis pacem, para bellum

• 3 weeks later...

Yes.  Thanks for your reply.  Those are the parts that I am looking for.  I believe there have been several updates in the plans.  Some versions are slightly different than the others in both construction and part numbers.  One set has these pieces listed as F536. I intend to either use the plastic parts to complete the model or use them to carve my own.  

My plans do not show rudder hinges either while the plans on-line show that it has three hinges.  

Lorne Bohn

Lorne,

I will never use them.
So you can have these parts.

Shipping costs will be your biggest expense
Send me a message where you live (or just which country you live).
Then I can see what the price will be.

You can then decide whether you still want them or not.

Groetjes

Greetings

Regards, Patrick

Finished :  Soleil Royal Heller 1/100   Wasa Billing Boats   Bounty Revell 1/110 plastic (semi scratch)   Pelican / Golden Hind  1/45 scratch

To do Prins Willem Corel, Le Tonnant Corel, Yacht d'Oro Corel, Thermopylae Sergal 

ADGZ M35 funkwagen 1/72    Einhets Pkw. Kfz.2 and 4 1/72   Autoblinda AB40 1/72   122mm A-19 & 152mm ML-20 & 12.8cm Pak.44 {K8 1/2} 1/72   10.5cm Howitzer 16 on Mark. VI(e)  Centurion Mk.1 conversion   M29 Weasel 1/72     SAM6 1/72    T26 Finland  T26 TN 1/72  Autoprotetto S37 1/72     Opel Blitz buses 1/72  Boxer and MAN trucks 1/72   Hetzer38(t) Starr 1/72    

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I was given a just started kit for the Norske Love 20 years ago by a friend in South Africa. Now I am retired I have the time to tackle this. As I am sure you have found before me the plans, instructions and timber details are somewhat lacking or confusing.

A specific area I am struggling with is the stern window layout. The supplied wood detail is curved (including the plastic window sections) but all the pictures and diagrams I can find show them as straight. 

Any guidance from your experience would be very welcome.

Dave 

I bought the Norske kit in 1974 and built it over a period of several years.  I am currently restoring it.  In 1974 this kit included a plastic lion figurehead as well as balsa to carve the figurehead.  Balsa was included for the modeler to carve the stern detail - no plastic option was included.  I carved both the stern and the bow figurehead.  The lower deck of the stern is curved, the upper deck is straight, and the arch is curved following the curve of the lower deck.  I have pictures but cannot figure out how to post them on this site.  If I was building this kit today, I would get some balsa and use the plastic parts as a model to carve the figurehead and stern ornamentation.  This would be in keeping with the idea of a hand built model and would work better over the curved surface of the stern arch.  

• 9 months later...
On 3/7/2017 at 2:08 PM, Backer said:

Lorne,

I will never use them.
So you can have these parts.

Shipping costs will be your biggest expense
Send me a message where you live (or just which country you live).
Then I can see what the price will be.

You can then decide whether you still want them or not.

Groetjes

Greetings

Lorn

Hi

Maybe I didnt catch the ending results of

On 2/19/2017 at 4:23 AM, Backer said:
Once I need extra parts for my Wasa.

I then bought the Norske lowe extra parts set (for a very cheap price)

Do you mean these parts. 

post-24614-0-26816400-1487496103_thumb.jpg

Groetjes

Greetings

Hi

Did Loren finally accepted this plastic pices from you?

Im in the same "boat", 

Bought the kit and is missing excatly this plastic parts.

If you still have them, Im willing to buy them from you.

Thank you

Julian

I'm having difficulty posting.  image.png.a478abeb884cf98651c163906cda86bf.pngimage.png.a478abeb884cf98651c163906cda86bf.pngThank you very much Blackbeard!  Those are the pieces I need. This is my first build and I wasn’t aware of what I was getting into.  I have just been taking my time and improvising the kit as I need to. There isn’t a lot of information on this part of the construction. I have done a bit more since these pictures were taken.   Any suggestions would be welcome.   I will gladly reimburse you for any inconvenience.  Please send me the account which you want me to use as well.  My address is:

Lorne Bohn

<address removed for privacy>  Please us PM's for this information.

Love to see some of your projects as well.

Best regards,

Lorne Bohn

image.png.a478abeb884cf98651c163906cda86bf.png

Hi Bluebeard,

Thank you very much for your kind offer.  This is my first build. I  am also new to using this website as well and do not know how to contact you with my mailing address so that the bots don't hack me.  I'm in Canada.

On 5/8/2020 at 6:49 PM, Bluebeard said:

Lorn

Hi

Maybe I didnt catch the ending results of

Hi

Did Loren finally accepted this plastic pices from you?

Im in the same "boat", 

Bought the kit and is missing excatly this plastic parts.

If you still have them, Im willing to buy them from you.

Thank you

Julian

Never heard from Lorne.

Is still available for free, only the cost of shipping. 

If I read correctly you live in the USA. Shipping is by Belgian post (Bpost)
I have yet to see the correct price. According to the Bpost site, this will be around 24 to 25 euros.

If ok sent a PM to me.

Regards, Patrick

Hi Fellows,

I'm having trouble posting and don't know how to deal with the bot issue.  Many thanks for your kind offer on the parts bluebird.  I am certainly interested if they are still available.  This is my first build.  Any suggestions on how to proceed?  

Best regards,

Lorne Bohn

(Canada)

Is my Google translation from English to Dutch correct??   And do i understand it correctly.

I have the requested parts.

2 other people want them.

These 2 people think of each other that one of them has the parts and wants to deliver them to him.

Whoever sends the first PM to me, gets them.

Regards, Patrick

I would be very pleased to get them if they are still available Backer.  I am having difficulty posting to the forum.  Yes, you make yourself understood with your English as well 😁What is the best way to not get hacked by bots?  

Best regards,

Lorne Bohn

(Canada)

12 hours ago, Lorne said:

What is the best way to not get hacked by bots?  

Easy.  Don't post any personal info on any public forum, even posts to news stories.   Shopping sites are usually ok.   

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)