Foredom Belt Sander

I posted a few pix of this in my tugboat build log but I thought it might get a few more eyes over here. The Foredom belt sander is an attachment for a flex shaft tool. I have a Foredom but it may fit on others as well. I tried it out on the tug - I had some epoxy I needed to remove from a frame. Took it off in a matter of seconds. This frame fits (or is supposed to fit) around a coaming in the deck. I'd been hand sanding these parts trying to get them to fit. Between the epoxy and a poor glue job (my fault) it needed a lot of work. Again, the sander thinned up the frame in seconds. Problem solved.

post-22218-0-22921800-1487483860.jpg

post-22218-0-78268900-1487483867.jpg

The long narrow shape would be great for getting into places a regular (or even miniature) belt sander just wouldn't go. And of course with the foot switch for speed, you've got a lot of options. I was afraid the belts would get used up quickly, but even after the rock hard epoxy it is still ready for more.

In my book, this one is a winner.

Sail on...... Mike         "Dropped a part? Your shoe will always find it before your eyes do"

Current Builds:                                                          Completed Builds:

Lancia Armata 1803 - Panart                                   US Brig Niagara - Model ShipwaysSection Deck Between Gun Bays - Panart  ; Arrow American Gunboat - Amati    

Riva Aquarama - Amati                                           T24 RC Tugboat  ;  Hispaniola - Megow - Restoration ; Trajta - by Mikiek - Marisstella ; Enterprise 1799 - Constructo