Hello Magnus.

This is just amazing ..

Never thought that something could be nicely done.

YOU are just Amazing.

Regards Antony.

Best advice ever given to me."If you don't know ..Just ask.

Completed Mayflower

Completed Fun build Tail boat Tailboat

Completed Build Chinese Junk Chinese Pirate Junk

Completed scratch built Korean Turtle ship 1/32 Turtle ship

Completed Santa Lucia Sicilian Cargo Boat 1/30 scale Santa Lucia

On hold. Bounty Occre 1/45

Completed HMS Victory by DeAgostini modelspace. DeAgostini Victory Cross Section

Completed H.M.S. Victory X section by Coral. HMS Victory cross section

Completed The Black Pearl fun build Black Queen

Completed A large scale Victory cross section 1/36 Victory Cross Section

Hi,

no, it's a hobby not related to my daily work. Want to mention that there are fantastic tools that do alot. The character itself is generated within the software DAZ 3D. So is the transfer of the motion capture data on the character. The garment layer below that is tightly attached to the character is animated likewise by the mocap data in DAZ. As of now most of this is 3rd party content that I adapted to my needs. Will replace this in the near future. All the dynamic clothing of the coat (modelling and animation) I did create within the program "marvelous designer".

As already mentioned above the parts are finally put together in cinema 4D. However, there is quite some effort and know-how in mastering the workflow and transfer of data ... there needs to be some crazyness involved to go on all this learning curves.

Meanwhile I found out how to coordinate the hands with an object like a spy-glass. First testrender goes here:

http://youtu.be/EkM_-3j58lE

Edited by Magnus

• 2 months later...

Magnus,

brilliant design and Rendering work, well done !

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

Very well done, Magnus.  Actually, correct that.... Amazing work.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Now find this much improved version of the spyglass setting with another character. Although my vacation is over the topic is gaining speed now as I have accomplished my workflow and mastered several difficult issues in the area of cloth simulation with the "marvelous designer" program. Another rendering will follow soon.

Brilliant work! the ship is absolutely lovely, with an unheard of attention to detail.  The animated characters are certainly promising additions as well! 

• 4 weeks later...

Amazing, the flow of the clothes really match to the movement. The sword of the master dosen`t look like it could be drawn quickly, I wonder why it is not near the hip like foot soldiers.

That is what this software is doing:

http://www.marvelousdesigner.com/marvelousdesigner/overview

... and the placement of the sword is because the guy is a little bit careless and does not follow the standards ...  :)

Thank you for the link, that is very interesting. You can buy a computer modeled baseball cap for 20 dollars, a real one would be less expensive :D .

He will get whipped for that. But I guess one sees the enemy ship approaching and dosen t need to quickly draw his sword  ;) .

• 2 weeks later...

Simply amazing.  I'm waiting impatiently to see all the bits brought together.  It should be incredible.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

That's some really good 3D modeling as well as animation Magnus. Dabbled a little in the modeling aspect myself a couple years back. Never animation though. Used Maya, while it was free, and then Blender. Amazingly enough, I found Blender easier to learn.

GEORGE

MgrHa7Z.gif

Don't be bound by the limits of what you already know, be unlimited by what you are willing to learn.

Member of the Nautical Research Guild

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Your striding captain is terrific. Now add the extra complexity of a moving deck beneath his feet!

This will finally come but the ship deck will have to be populated properly with multiple characters. So a long way to go still. I am currently working on attaching multiple fittings (sabre, belts, shell pouch, musket...) to a marine which requires some research and testing ...