falconer

So sad to find out that the forum suffered a massive failure and lost all of the data. So to help get it back on it's feet I'll start a build log of my paper Bismarck. I started the build back in January and progress has been slow. I have it at my office and work on it during lunch, so all I can do are just a couple of pieces each day. There's suppose to be around 7,000 pieces to the model, so it will take a while to complete. I'm keeping track of the number of pieces I put on in a spread sheet, this way I count them as I go along. I'll post pics soon.

William

Hi William,

Glad to see another card Bismarck log starting up.

I am currently working on the 1:200 GPM version (link is in my signature).  I haven't did much so far.  Began at the start of the year and got a fair bit done on the funnel, spotlights and the hull ribs before running out of free time but all progress was lost in the big 'crash'.

Just starting it up again with some photo etch guns.

Looking forward to seeing some photos

Cheers

Slog

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

HM Bark Endeavour (First Wood, On Hold)

Borodino (1:200 Card, Current Build)

Admiral Nakhimov (card 1/200)

Mazur D-350 Artillery Tractor (1:25 Card) 

F-8 Crusader (1:48 Aircraft, Plastic)

William,

Please open this in the Build Log area.  This area is more for discussion, questions, etc.  I'm looking forward to seeing this build.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi all,
I will be constructing the Bismarck soon in card {once I finish the other two ships I am building} the first time I have tried one. I am trying to find a copy of the following book "Bismarck (Super Drawings in 3d) by Waldemar Goralski". Does anyone know where I may be able to purchase a copy either old in excellent condition or new. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have been advised to get this book or is there another book that I can get. Your advice would be greatly appreciated. Barry

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for that Bill, I went to Amazon and they were supposed to have 4 available but 1 week after purchasing it the money was back in the bank. with an email saying that there was none available. Last look they still show 4 available.
I have found a book and received it yesterday and that is: Top Drawings The Battleship Bismarck by Waldemar Goralski.
If there is anyone out there that can not get the book of drawings of the Bismarck I am happy to scan the pages and post them on this site and also the paper model website for everyone's benefit.

Let me know.

Barry

If it's copyrighted (and this one is), don't even think about posting the drawings here for others.  That's piracy which we don't tolerate.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

I know a lot of the books we use are damned expensive but how else are the publishers going to support the production of future volumes. You know the next volume of "Sloop of War" isn't going to make the New York Times best seller list. If we don't support the Conway Maritime, Seaforth, Naval Institue Press. Nautical Research Guild and their kind then the research that we depend on will dry up and die.

Drown you may, but go you must and your reward shall be a man's pay or a hero's grave

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Barry,

Are you still searching for "Super Drawings in 3D. The Battleship Bismarck" by Waldermar Goralski?  As I just noticed that the GPM site (http://sklep.gpm.pl/en/publishing/books/schips/bismarck-3d) are selling it now for 77PLN which works out about A$28.  Of course shipping will be around the same again.

Cheers

Slog

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

HM Bark Endeavour (First Wood, On Hold)

Borodino (1:200 Card, Current Build)

Admiral Nakhimov (card 1/200)

Mazur D-350 Artillery Tractor (1:25 Card) 

F-8 Crusader (1:48 Aircraft, Plastic)

• 1 month later...

Is this a HMV kit of the Bismarck.........looking forward to this.  I too have the HMV kit w/detail set and barrels.  I am going by your comment about the number of pieces, which is daunting to say the least even to a ole hand @ building card kits.  But I believe it is the most detailed version one can find of this kit in 1/250 scale.

I will answer a question that was asked.......yes, one is always able to change the kit in anyway they deem, @ 1/200th and up, this is a pretty easy thing to do, but once you start going down the scale, this gets a bit more tricky.

A HMV is a top of the line, very professional printed card kit/book from FRG.  All I recommend one to do is edge color the card/printed parts.  I do spray cellouse dope onto a kit to help preserve the colors and makes for a good sealer for the printed material.

There are many card kits on the market, but a HMV is the top shelf kit too me.

Rick ;)