dafi

dafi´s photo etch set for HMS Victory 1:100 (Heller) and other ships

49 posts in this topic

Hi Daniel,

On sheet 7, the ringbolts and hooks, about how many hooks and how many ringbolts per sheet?   I'm giving my rigging plan a glance and counting up how many I need.

dafi likes this

Thank you rafterrat, Tim and Mark.

Sorry @rafterat, the parts only just in 1:100. Perhaps some would fit, if you would like to investigate if it works and if it is worth, send me a PM and I will send you some details about the sizes.

@Mark, I did the count, it took so long as there were so many ...

;-)

1,3//0,7 mm

600 rings // 370 hooks 

1,6//0,8 mm

600 rings // 220 hooks

1,8//1 mm

441 rings // 180 hooks

2//1,25 mm

376 rings //160 hooks

All hooks can also be used as eyebolts :-)

Cleats 3 mm 73 pieces

Cleats 2 mm 58 pieces

Cleats 1 mm 48 pieces

So the total is 3126 items on the plate :-)

Please do not kill me if I miscounted by one or two or even three ...

Cheers, Daniel

Edited by dafi
42rocker and Archi like this

+ or - one or two when there are that many should not be a problem. Enjoy Life.

Later Tim

Edited by Tim C
dafi likes this

Is this the only scale for this build or are there others? I am working on the GOLDEN STAR and scratch building the GLADY'S in 1:80th.?

Edited by rafterrat_2005
dafi likes this

These parts are 1:100 for a first rate. So some fittings can fit for smaller vessels in bigger scales as there the parts are smaller dimensioned. Please look through the plates and just PM me about the parts of interest and I can give you the dimensions.

Cheers, Daniel

Thanks for the count Daniel.  More detailed than I expected.    That should be more than enough for my modest build.

Do not worry Mark, if ever you decide to rigg all the guns, then they go fast - if not you will have a problem of a lifetime to get rid of them ;-)

Cheers, Daniel

So then it is three lifetimes you have material for :-)

XXXDAn

(Compared to my Vic it means)

Yes, and also for the ones that will fly off into the Twilight Zone.

42rocker likes this

Halleluljah, new delivery has arrived and is set to be proceseed.

Dubz made me overwork the plate with the eyebolts and hooks.

Victory-140530_3634.jpg

Here the smallest ones. Left the old ones and right the new version, shorter this giving a bit more place on the carriages and also bigger holes that improves the hooking together, more comfortably on restricted spaces :-)
Also the clamps are now fitted with a foot, so they can be bound onto the shrouds as already to be seen on my model.

And as bonus, there are some more pieces now on the plate - altogether more than 3,100 pieces!

... more ...

Also gratings are available again :-)

... more ...

And here the whole collection

http://www.dafinismus.de/plates_en.html

Cheers, Daniel

Edited by dafi
Archi, Dubz, mtaylor and 1 other like this

I received a sheet of parts from Dafi today.  I ordered the sheet #7 with hook and eyebolts... and all I can really say is:  WOW!!!!!!!    The hooks should be perfect for a 1/64th cannon and catharpins and the eyebolts are various sizes. I'm seeing possibilities that I hadn't considered until now.  The pic shows a hook on an extra carriage I had made for my Constellation and the size is close to what I'll use for Licorne (1:64).  They might be suitable for 1:48 as I stuck one on a 1:48 Triton 9 pdr and it looked great. 

Thanks Daniel.  These are marvelous.

post-76-0-30126500-1402190883_thumb.jpg

WackoWolf, 42rocker, dafi and 1 other like this

**** happens - when I wanted to order more etch in summer, I realised having lost the original film pockets.

Big ****!

But as one says, make an opportunity out of it I used the chance to rearrange some parts from one plate to another as it made more sense an to add one or two goodies. Nothing big, almost the same, but next it made me aware to update the instructions too. So I took a spare hull and went sticking all golden parts onto it :-)

Here are the first pictures of the basic version, the more elaborate work out will come on the other side after the holidays.

Best place to start? Big Boyz - Big Gunz!!!

Cheers and enjoy, Daniel
mtaylor and Mr. Pett like this

Dear all, 2016 is finishing and at least I got a nice surprise to finish it: a new delivery of my parts finally just arrived and I managed too to adapt the instructions with all the feedbacks I got in the last years :-)

Also I managed to make a master model for me for further development, please find the full set of pictures here:

Victory-etch-studio-160706_0352.jpg

Victory-etch-studio-160706_0474.jpg

Victory-etch-studio-160706_0414.jpg

Victory-etch-studio-160706_0361.jpg

All the best and happy new year, Daniel